Friday, October 16, 2015

So Here We Go Bluebird

Do you ever go through phases where you listen to the same songs over and over and over? Because sometimes they're the only ones you want to hear? Or that you need to hear? 

Especially when I go through a rough time, listening to music can be so soothing. And even if they're sad, maybe especially if they're sad, they make me feel some sort of peace. Maybe because they make me feel like it's ok to be where I am. It's ok to feel what I feel. And that other people go through it too, I'm not the only one. There's a connection and an understanding that I get from music that lifts me on my darkest of days. 

And then eventually you move on. Once you've felt what you need to feel, you don't need those songs anymore. You find new ones that you can relate to in a different way, that make you feel whatever it is that you need to feel next. And life goes on. 

Anyways, here are a few that I've had on repeat the last couple of days. 

This one is sung by a girl I went to high school with. She's incredibly talented (obviously) but I love her voice. Sometimes familiar voices are the most soothing. 

Speaking of familiar, I'm pretty sure I've posted this one before. My best friend is the main man in it, this one goes on repeat when I have a really crappy day. 

The rest are kind of sad but consoling. 



And then there's this and it's great and I love it. 

Forgive and forget. Let that negative shit go. For you. 

IMG_5162 copy