Thursday, July 2, 2015

Well I Have A Car?

Life is... Oi. Do you ever feel like you're being tested? I guess it's all how you make it but this past week has been a doozy. So very up and down, it's hard to get a hold on things. Like everything will be going so good but then there will be this one little mishap that just throws me for a loop.  

IMG_2529

>> After going without a car for so long, I was *finally* able to start looking around so I can get me a set of wheels! So I picked out this awesome car, it was a great deal and I made an appointment with the guy to go buy it. So I woke up (on time) the morning of but then my dad made us late. And then we got stuck in traffic. We were literally a block from the dealership and they shut down the road right in front of us. And then when finally made it there, the salesman was with other customers! So we waited at least 20 minutes for him to actually get to us. And then by the time that he did and he went to go get the car, he found out that someone else had JUST sold it. Like 5 minutes before. WHAT. I almost cried but I brushed it off. It wasn't meant to be. Let's just leave asap and I'll figure it out later. 

>> So that was a total bummer. But I wasn't going to let it ruin my day. I had my dad drop me off at the Gay Pride Celebration downtown and I ended up having the best day/night that I've had in a while. I got to see some really awesome, old friends of mine and just had fun

>> My dad wasn't sure when the next time he would have off would be so while I was off celebrating, he went to look at another car closer to his house. And he found the *nicest* dealership. So the next Monday, they came and picked me up since I didn't have a car and all. The guy, his name was Austin, was suuuuuper nice.... Although I think part of that was because he thought I was cute ;) He even took us to get lunch before! I wasn't actually hungry because I had just eaten but he bought Eliza a sandwich from the place she wanted to go. Then we went to go check out the car and he drove us around in a little golf cart. He even let me take the car we were looking at (a prius, duh) home for an extended test drive. I loved it and was really pleased with that whole car searching experience. Much better than the last. So the next day I went back and purchased it. I have a car now guys!!

>> The extended test drive ended up being really convenient too. I got to go up to my mom's for the night and visit family that was in town for only one more day (good timing!). And then my brother's car broke down so I had to go rescue him and help take care of that. You seriously never know how convenient it is to have a car until you don't have one! 

>> When I went to my mom's, I started painting with her and it was so nice. I forgot how much I loved painting. It's so relaxing and like an escape for me. When I was in high school, I used to go work with my mom in the summers as a faux painter. It was annoying at the time because I wanted to be out with my friends but it was a really good experience for me I think. My mom would wake me up early in the morning, I would basically sleep walk into the car, and then I would listen to music all day and just tune out and paint. Even during the really hard summers, it was a nice place to go and forget about everything. And just be by myself. So now when I paint, I just slip back into that. It's almost like meditating. But I get to keep my hands busy and make something which is the best. Creating things is like my drug. It fills my soul. It was so nice. 

>> And then my mom acted all impressed and surprised that my painting turned out so good, like I had never painted before in my life! I had to remind her about those few years that she taught me everything I know. Haha. My mother, that crazy woman, I love her. 

>>After visiting my mom, I headed back down to my dad's house so I could buy my car and I ended up on this street I shouldn't have even been on and I got my first ever speeding ticket. It was the last day of the month and I supposedly was going 55 in a 45. But honestly, I have no clue. I wasn't even paying attention and before I knew it, this cop was flagging me down and writing me a ticket. I hadn't even purchased the dang car and I had already got a ticket while driving in it. It was so bizarre, I still can't really believe that happened. I guess I need to take care of that. Ugh. 

>> Anyways, I'm trying to remain positive even with all the little obstacles life keeps throwing at me. Sometimes it's the little things that fuck me up and make everything seem horrible. 

>> But also, I think I'm starting my week of p.m.s so I'm trying not to let my emotions get the best of me. Just taking it one day at a time ya'll. Things are looking up though. Now if I can just make it through this next week, I'll be good ;) 

IMG_5162 copy