Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mercury in Retrograde

If ya haven't heard, it's that time again! Mercury is officially in retrograde! But never fear, it sounds like things are going to be 
looking more up than down. Here's what the pros have to say: 
ARTBYMYSTICMAMMA--AQUARIUSNEWMOON

"The coming retrograde will be an extremely important one showing us a new look at what’s been unveiled, or needs to be unveiled, in our lives. Things from the past will be reevaluated, re-examined, or understood differently. 

“We can get a new look at our goals and ambitions within a larger social whole, as well as new insights into old friends and past group work. Some will get insights into how to manage something differently to achieve a greater ability to contribute in the world, and at times brilliant short cuts can be glimpsed that will accelerate our growth. 

“Consider the next 3 weeks as a bridge between an old way of seeing things and a new understanding of a bigger picture and how everything fits (or doesn’t) in that picture. This time will bring interesting insights through looking back or within about prior relationships, past goals and ambitions, and why certain things came down the way they did… 

"All of us will have a new understanding of what matters to us by mid-February, and will find ourselves ‘liberated from adverse conditions by spectacular events that mobilize us to action,’ which may involve some form of ‘cosmic visitation.’ 

“This will be another important retrograde, where the past will be reviewed to see what we can and cannot bring with us into the future in mid-February. 

“It will help us rehearse or do the research we need to get ready to spring forward in early March, clear about what we know, what we need to know, and what must happen if we are to move forward in our lives. 

“Renewals, returns, reconnections, reunions…are promised by this retrograde.” 

"We will all have the opportunity to look ourselves in the eye and see who’s really looking back at us, before painting on the face we prefer to show the world.” 

“We are speaking here not of intricate scams executed to deceive but of the everyday twists and turns we undertake to avoid coming face to face with who and what we truly are. It is time to illuminate our inner world and look around with eyes wide open to all that we see."


From // Mystic Mamma

I don't know about you guys but I've been definitely feeling this coming. A few things in the insights above are so relevant in my life right now like learning how to manage things differently, new perspectives, understanding what I need and don't need in my life, and a lot of looking inward and into the past to figure out why things happened the way they did and perhaps how to deal with them in a new and improved way. I look forward to delving into these new ideas, reviewing the past, and preparing to move onward. And thinking of it, this relates so much to the first post I did yesterday. Crazy. 

Today, I spent the better part of my day watching this interview that my friend did with the wonderful, Teal Swan. It was brilliant and mind blowing and just what I needed to hear. I had to watch a few parts over again just to wrap my head around it and I'll probably even watch the whole thing again just to soak it in deeper. But she talks a lot about using this time, meaning the retrograde, to our advantage to do "shadow work" which is essentially working on the thoughts that you hold that are not in alignment with source energy, oneness, connection to a higher power, whatever you want to call it. So basically the negative thoughts that inhibit you. She encourages us to use this reflective time to focus on ourselves and work on those things holding us back. Here is the interview done today, I highly recommend watching it: 



So shadow work is exactly what I'm going to do! And if you're interested in doing some emotional healing too, here are a few Teal Swan videos on shadow work that can help you get past those deep unresolved issues that keep triggering certain events in your life. 



I'm not one to fret over retrograde, most of the time, because I know things (good and bad) happen for a reason. But I must say, I am particularly excited about this one. I don't know what it is about working through problems that makes me feel all giddy inside, maybe it's because I can see an end in sight? We'll see I suppose! Happy Retrograde! 
IMG_5162 copy