Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Joy: Celebrating Accomplishments

Today I wanted to take the time to celebrate a few accomplishments that seem to be floating my way. Sometimes when I just release and go with the flow and actually take the time to appreciate the present, opportunities just pop up with hardly any work. This hasn't happened to me in a while and I've had many a frustrating day hoping and wishing that things would happen but I learned to be grateful for what I had and to stop focusing on the things I didn't and you know what? Even better opportunities have presented themselves. It's funny the way it happens like that... So I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge all the accomplishments we've made and share all of our good news with you guys!
-We have been featured in a magazine called Austere this month for the tiny home and Sam Wish, super proud of that! 

-I was asked to be a guest speaker for a class taught by one of my professors which is actually tonight, so wish me luck!! 

-We are now sponsored by a local store called New Living! Also, I'm going to talk with them more about more potential collaborations and possibly putting my products in their store. I can not tell you how happy this makes me. They are an incredibly inspiring and motivated small business that is doing wonderful, wonderful things for our community and the earth!

 -Comp tickets to awesome theater shows lately, there's nothing like a live performance to inspire you. Especially when it happens to be people you know, I love being surrounded by such talented and driven souls.

 -Finishing Eliza's bedroom, holy cow. I catch myself just wanting to lay in there and admire the finality of it. It's the first *actually* finished part in my house and I absolutely love it. Oh and Eliza does too I guess ;)

 -Steadily finishing the rest of the house! We have planned a tiny home opening party on October 3rd so it will all be finished by then. I can't decide if I'm excited or just extremely nervous... or both? It seems so close, it's crazy to think that it's going to be completed after 14 straight months of building. 

-My biking goals were reached! I rode 63 miles in insane Texas heat on August 23rd. And I'm still alive. It was rough guys, it was really rough. But I made it and I live to tell the tale! Next year, we're aiming for the 100. I think I'm crazy. 

 - Now that I've done that, I'm focusing on yoga for a little bit and in the past week I've already mastered a few moves that I was never able to do before. Woop woop! 

 -Eliza is in kindergarten now which feels like such an accomplishment! Like after 5 years of struggling to take care of her and try to make something of my life, I now get 7 hours a day for 5 days a week all to myself! Being able to work on something without a toddler running around is cake. I feel like I deserve all this peace and quiet which makes it all the more sweet. 


So that's what's been happening over here. I've finally gotten to a place where I feel like I'm catching up with everything and getting my life back in some kind of order. Summer was great but had me all sorts of unorganized and frustrated. Now that I have some a lot of free time, I can finally do all the things I have been needing to do. And it feels great to finally be getting all these projects wrapped up. Ahhhhhhhh.