Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Life Lately

IMG_5103
This has been my sanctuary lately. Seriously, it's the only thing that keeps me sane. Every morning I escape to a quite place where I can work out, do my yoga, and meditate. It's the only time that I get to be alone and find peace. It's hard sometimes though because it also allows me a lot of time to think about things. Really hard things. Things I don't always want to think about. But I'm trying to work out those things. And I guess that's why I love the time I get on my mat. It's helping me heal whether I want to or not. It's something I really need. 
IMG_5107
I spend the rest of my days roaming around, keeping busy with random things like watching movies or laying in the sun or working on small house projects. 
IMG_5108
We built a small closet to finally be able to put our clothes away. It's strange to have them (mostly) all in one place after almost a year of living like a gypsy and having my stuff scattered across town. 
IMG_5111
This is our bee graveyard. I feel so bad but they are extremely attracted to all of my work stuff and always find their way into our house only to die within an hour of being trapped inside. It's like they have a self-destruct button. They die so quickly, before we are able to help them find their way out. Then I have to go around and pick up their dead bodies so no one steps on them. I buried these guys shortly after this picture. 
IMG_5114
Smoothies. I love my smoothies. They are the second half to my mourning routine. I drink about two smoothies worth which fills up a large 16 oz jar. I also got these awesome metal straws so that I don't have to throw a straw away every morning. You can get some here, I highly, highly suggest them! Sometimes it's the small things that make everything ok. Like my morning smoothies.
IMG_5117
She gets to watch one show every morning while I get in my workout and yoga. She's such a good kid. I don't know how I got so lucky. She's so smart and well behaved but extremely free spirited and strong. This must be such a strange life for a little kid.
IMG_5106 copy
Daisy, our everything. She's actually the next door neighbor's dog, she's the mamma that gave birth to these pups under our house a while back. There's only one puppy left and they basically live at our place. Eliza is like the dog herder, she'll stay outside and play with them allll day if we let her. It's nice though, they keep her company and are very protective of us. When strange people come around, they bark their little heads off. And they keep all the stray dogs out. There are literally gangs of dogs that roam around this neighborhood and not all of them are very nice. But Daisy is a boss, no one gets in here when she's around. So it's nice because I know Eliza will always be safe outside with her. And if we go for a walk around the neighborhood, they always tag along. I don't know if they are just down for the adventure or if they want to make sure we stay safe.... Maybe a little bit of both? It's really cool though, she's an amazing creature. 


In other news, we've recently found out that we have to move are probably moving by May 1st! The whole situation is kind of ridiculous but anyways, we're pretty excited to get things rollin' again and be moving to the final destination. We didn't know it would be happening so soon, but I think the universe is just giving us the push we need to make things happen. We've been kind of dragging on house work lately and it's been frustrating to say the least. I'm just ready for things to be done so I can function regularly! Like being able to have my own bathroom and kitchen! I can't wait. 

Oh gosh, I'm ready for an adventure you guys. My heart aches for something unexpected, something life changing. I don't know what it is, I just want to go. Somewhere. I went on a little road trip this past weekend and while it was fun and I had a great time with some great people, it just wasn't enough. It was sad having to leave, I wasn't ready to go and now I just want more. It's kind of ironic because for the longest time the only thing I wanted was my own place. And now that I've kind of got that, I want to hit the road more than anything else. Maybe it's the security that makes me feel like I can go because I'll always have a home to come back to. Whatever it is, it's making me anxious. I think an adventure is somewhere in my near future. 

I've been feeling much better though. I took a few weeks off to slow down and think about things. I'm not sure I've even gotten anything figured out but I do feel slightly better. I guess I just needed a little time to reevaluate things, to make sure I'm heading in the right direction and doing exactly what I want to do. It's been nice to have a break. Although I will admit, it was really hard at first to do nothing all day. Like crazy hard. But now, I'm having trouble actually getting up to do things! I'm slowly getting back into my routine though. Starting with house work. We have about two weeks to get electrical and plumbing and a ton of other things we need to actually live in this house so that's what my focus will be. Time to get shit done ya'll! 

Ahh I've missed blogging. Sometimes it takes a break to realize what a good thing it is. 

So much love for you guys,

IMG_5162 copy