Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Few Things: Find Your Magic

source 

Ooooh just a rambling post about my adventures in Austin: 

So I just got back from an amaaaaazing weekend in Austin, vending at the Renegade Craft Fair. Although it was less than profitable (a total bummer), I had a great experience and left feeling incredibly inspired and renewed. 

But something I struggle with (as I'm sure we all do) is feeling like I am enough. Sometimes I get so trapped inside my head and just dig myself the biggest whole to wallow in and become absolutely miserable. It especially happens a lot when I am outside of my comfort zone, it's like quicksand! All the sudden I just get so self critical and instead of being present and enjoying myself, I get lost in a sea of negative self talk. But this weekend, I was determined to have a fabulous time. There was no way I was going to let myself go there. 

The biggest lesson I learned over the trip was how to find my own magic and trust in it. My focus for the whole weekend was believing in my work, my passion, staying confident,and loving myself completely (as easy or as hard as that was). Magical things happen when you learn to love and trust yourself. And you know, there are people out there that won't be able to see your magic and awesomeness. But that's totally ok. Maybe their not ready for it anyways ;) Besides, that makes more room for the people that do! And those people will inspire you, love you for all that you are, and make you feel incredible! I would way rather have a few people that really get me than a bunch of people that don't. 

I was nervous about going up there myself but after I pulled my shit together, I had a freakin' great time! There were so many amazingly creative people at Renegade, it was truly magnificent. To be a part of something like that, I was honored and really, really proud of myself. 

LE LOVE BLOG ROMANTIC LOVE QUOTE TO LOVE A PERSON IS TO SEE ALL OF THEIR MAGIC AND TO REMIND THEM OF IT WHEN THEY HAVE FORGETTEN photo LELOVEBLOGROMANTICLOVEQUOTETOLOVEAPERSONISTOSEEALLOFTHEIRMAGIC_zpsde893c08.jpg
source

So a note to myself- Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, open your heart. Be your amazing authentic self and let your magic shine! Be grateful. Always love. Quite self criticizing and putting yourself down, the only person you are hurting is you. And instead of worrying about being accepted my others, accept yourself. Cause at the end of the day, that's all that matters! 

The drive home, I literally felt high on life. Have you ever like had an experience that just fully reinforced everything in your life and just made you aware of how positively perfect everything is? The four and a half hour ride by myself was nothing! I was in complete bliss. I'm sure listening to Medicine For The People and oiling up had a little something to do with it though.... Here were a few of my favorite songs: 



Oh gosh, I just love them all! I have so much to share from my trip! So get ready for an Austin/SXSW overload! Ye have been warned. I am completely exhausted but honestly, can not wait to go back. It's been too long and I spent entirely too much time working instead of playing. Next time, things will be different (: 
''
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” 
― Roald Dahl #madewithOver
source

IMG_5162 copy