Friday, February 28, 2014

Raw Till 4: Potatoes & Spicy Sauce Dinner

Holy cow, guys. This is one of my favorite meals as of late. It's extremely simple but also extremely satisfying. Annnnnnd it's perfect for the Raw Till 4 lifestyle because it's high carb and low (if not zero) fat plus, really cheap which helps when you're spending money on tons of fruit all the time! 

Some days, I crave this. Do you ever crave potatoes? Is that weird? Whatev, I love it. I mean, look how yummy! Here's how I do it: 
photo 1 (3)

Potatoes: 
4 medium-small size Potatoes (this is just for myself, carbin' up ya'll!) 
Parchement Paper (this is necessary for cutting out the oil) 
Spices as you wish, I use- 
Sea Salt 
Garlic Powder 
Rosemary 
Thyme 
Oregano 
Smoked Paprika 
Chili Powder 

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop up your potatoes into slices as thin or as fat as you'd like. 
3. Lay them on a baking dish lined with parchment paper 
4. Sprinkle with spices of your choosing. 
5. Stick in oven until soft on the inside and slightly browned on the outside, about 20-25 minutes. Our oven tends to run hot so I wasn't even going to bother with an exact time. And I usually don't even time it. I usually just check until the ones on the outside start to get brown and then pull one from the middle and munch to see if they're soft enough. 

While these are cooking, I like to whip up this amazingly scrumptious sauce. This really makes the dish for me! 

Low Fat, Full Flavor, Spicayyy Sauce: 
3/4 cup *Organic Tomato Puree 
2 tsp Coconut Sugar 
1 tsp Oregano 
dash Paprika 
1 tsp Garlic Salt 
2 tsp Cumin 
2 tsp Chili Powder 
1/2 tsp Salt 
2 tsp Lemon juice 
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar 
17 Tabasco Peppers (we have a plant)
OR
 1-3 jalapeno peppers (depends on how hot they are, sometimes it's hard to tell)

photo 3 (3)

I'm not such a huge fan of mono meals (yet) as other mostly raw foodies are but this, I can totally do. My four potatoes fill an entire large dinner plate and I just sit there and grub! So yummy. And completely guilt free. Plus, because they're not tainted with oils and dairy, they remain really, really healthy. Check out the benefits of potatoes here, who new these tasty spuds were so good for you? This website says they even rival broccoli! Crazy... 

IMG_5162 copy