Sunday, February 2, 2014

Joy

When I was younger, I would always hear my mom talk about being grateful but I would cast it off as religious mumbo jumbo. But it wasn't until recently that I realized how important it is to be grateful. Not only for your happiness but for your success and for your health. Being grateful and appreciative can change your life. And I think that's why I started this segment on my blog. It's a reminder to take the time out of my busy life to really appreciate the wonderful things in it. joy2 copy
Alright! So enough about that, here's the joy in my life lately. There's a lot because I haven't done one of these in a while.... and I'm just in a joyful kind of mood ;) 

-A wonderful holiday. The success that came with the rush. The break we got afterwards. The time we got to spend with our whole family. And the wonderful trip to Disney World right before our holiday was over. It was a great one. 

-The New Year. I'm so inspired. Last year was incredible and we accomplished so many things I never would have dreamed of. As we're getting back in our routines, we're really excited to start fresh, to live and to create. 

-For my mother in law. She is one heck of a woman and I love her for the never ending support she gives us. She is so helpful with Eliza and despite the occasional bumps that come with living together, she has been an amazing part of our lives these past few months. 

-For my dad. For providing us things we can't provide for ourselves yet. He is the reason I'm able to buy good food to keep us healthy and for that, I'm eternally grateful.

-For Brandon. He is my rock and like the ying to my yang. He always balances me out when I get out of whack. He always brings me back to earth when I start to float too high. I don't know how I'd be able to handle everything without his constant support and encouragement. 

-For Eliza. She makes me happy every single day. I love waking up to her warm cuddles. I love her little face. She's such a little goof and I love it. She brings so much joy to my life. 

-For our tiny home. Oh man, our tiny home. I love it so much more each and everyday. I love that we dreamt it and then built it and now get to live it in each day. And we get to keep making it into the perfect place just for us. 

-For people that inspire me. 

-And for enchiladas. Brandon made the mistake of saying we could have them every night.... and we just might ;) I love me some enchiladas. 

-For getting my inbox down to under 20 unread messages! Holy cow. Seriously. 

-For getting back into the groove. I've missed working on Sam Wish and working on our home. The break was nice but I'm ready to jump back in! 

-For emergineering. Part of the reason I'm writing this post in the first place. It's a heck of an inspiration. Day 4, going on 5! And then I'm doing Leonie's Business Goddess Ecourse starting Feb. 1st! Can't wait. 

-For working on myself. I think this is something a lot of people don't take advantage of. But I have been very persistent about investing in myself lately and think it has and will pay off in the long run. 

-For working out and eating well. Speaking of taking care of myself! During the holidays, I was horrible to my body. I've noticed that when you put your health in other people's hands, it doesn't turn out so good. No one cares about what you eat or if you do/do not exercise (at least as much as you do). So I have taken back control and gotten really strict about my diet/exercise habits again. I work out 6 out of 7 days a week (it's a priority now! You betta believe I'm going to be rockin' my bikini this summer!) and I'm going vegan 6 out of 7 days a week, raw until 4 pm, and eating a healthy dinner. I'm trying to do the 80/10/10 eating thing. I'll have to talk more on that later. But I love it. I have been feeling great and completely guilt-free. And I have one f-it day to get all my cravings out. So I don't go psycho. 

-For our oils. From ringworm, to colds, to getting lice, we've been through it all this break. And I wouldn't have made it out alive without my oils to help us through it. Plant power ya'll. 

-For babies! Someone close to me just got pregnant and I am over the moon with excitement! Now I'm ready to have one of my own ;) 

-For my business. I don't know how I got so lucky to be able to be where I am. I get to create something I wholeheartedly love and believe in AND get to make a living from it? What? That's amazing. 

-And I'm grateful that I'm grateful. Sometimes I get in a funk and can't see the positive but I try to bask in it when I am feeling in the grateful kind of mood. It's good for ya, you know? 

IMG_5162 copy