Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I'm done

As I walked down the halls of my school today, after my last practicum class, I realized I was done. After two hours of driving from north Houston to a class that lasted all of 40 minutes and now I was about to drive the fifteen minutes back to my dad's where I will spend the night. And I am done. After four years of work and studying and several times of doubting whether I even wanted to go back, I finally have my associates! As much as I gripe and complain about school, I will definitely miss the routine and sense of belonging that comes with going to school. I have learned a bit in my four years.... but really, I'm not sure it's enough to make me go back for another 4. 

Honestly, I've learned more actually running a business than reading in a book how to do it. I learned more through ebooks, mailing lists, online searches, and how-to posts than I did from tests and projects. And where I am now? I honestly believe there is no school that could have taught me or can teach me about the things I want to learn in life. It's just not set up for that. I'm not saying that I won't continue learning though, far from it! I will always continue to learn and strive to improve and build upon what I have. But it won't be in a school, it won't be sitting in a classroom or reading from a textbook. It's going to be out in the field! Getting my feet wet and actually experiencing what it is I want to learn about! 

All of this might change in the future, sure. However, at this moment, there is no inkling in me that wants to go back to school. (But don't tell my mom that!!)


I'm so glad I spent four years of my time getting my associates. I'm glad I have that under my belt because it's something a lot of people can't do. I'm glad my parents pushed me towards a higher education. I am so grateful. I'm just ready to move on now. 

Maybe I will grow and discover something else I need to learn that I need to go to conventional school for. But not now. Now, I need to live. And school is definitely not how I intend to spend my time. 

Now, I'm ready to get on with my life and have the opportunity of doing the things I actually want to do! And I'm grateful for that too because that is also something not many people can do. So I fully intend to give it my 100% and enjoy every last bit of it! And maybe inspire a few people to start following their own hearts along the way. 

So here's to finishing school! And here's to really begin living! Hoo rah! 

And congratulations to anyone else that may have graduated or just finished their school for the semester. Go you! 


IMG_5162 copy