Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!

Who doesn't love pizza? Am I right? Pizza for us is the meal we make when we don't feel like doing any real cooking. It's what we make when we are exhausted at the end of the day and just want something quick. But instead of ordering out, we just pick up some precooked pizza crust, throw on whatever veggies and cheese we have, and toss it in the oven. Well this time, we happened to have a few guests over and my dad requested that I make my infamous veggie pizza. And so I did! 

Usually I just throw on whatever I have but this is pretty much the basic. 
IMG_2617
I start off with a pre-baked crust. Then I coat the top with a light layer of olive oil. I never use tomato sauce because I can never get it quite how I like it and this way is easier and hassle-free. Then I'll put a layer of spinach and cheese, I have a problem with overloading the pizza most of the time.... so you know just use however much you'd like. And then I put on bell peppers, onions, garlic, any seasoning I feel like (usually italian), and then top it off with roasted cherry tomatoes (my favorite!). Then you just pop it in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and it's done! Super easy and you can use whatever you have in your fridge at the time, it's fun to experiment. When we don't have guests, I usually throw on a jalapeno as well. I like it hot (:
IMG_2611 copy
And this one is my newest creation! Garlic & squash, a seriously yummy combination. 
IMG_2620 copy
I used acorn squash with this because it's what I had but you could also use butternut. Again, I started with a prebaked crust and spread it with a little bit of olive oil. After I roasted my squash until it was mushy, I cut it into small cubes and spread them over my pizza crust. I topped that with cheese, a ton of garlic (probably about 5-6 cloves), onions, and some jalapeno. Oh man, my mouth is watering just thinking of it! I didn't even have time to take proper pictures. Before I knew it, there was only one piece left and I had to run to get my camera before that one was eaten too! 
IMG_2623
I actually made this pizza the next day too. That's how good it was! 

What are your favorite pizza combos??
IMG_5162 copy