Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween 2013

Costumes were a huge debate this year. First, because every time I asked Eliza what she wanted to be for Halloween, she had completely changed her mind! And then when she finally picked out an idea (about the week before Halloween), she was set on going to the store and buying her costume. Of course, I was not about to let that happen. I kept telling her that I was going to make her a costume that was even better than a dumb store bought costume but she had very little faith in me. As I was trying not to take it personally and motivating myself to show her my mad costuming skills, I proceeded to make her the best Little Mermaid costume I could ever make. For free. Because I have a fabric hoarding problem..... And she loved it! Complete with red accidentally pink hair. 
IMG_1542
She was a happy little mermaid!
IMG_1592 (2) IMG_1601 IMG_1503 IMG_1539
We ran out just before the sun set to catch some pictures but I think someone was a little too anxious for some trick or treating! I managed to get a few good shots (out of like 60!) but she is quite a theatrical little gal. Kind of frustrating when you are in the moment and trying to get a decent picture but I'm glad I have these extras now. They are quite entertaining. 
IMG_1499 IMG_1531 IMG_1537 IMG_1495 IMG_1496 IMG_1545 IMG_1549
By the time Halloween night came around, I didn't even have the energy to bother with my own costume. Kind of sad... But after this crazy, almost disastrous Halloween, I'm determined to make next year's the best ever. Or I don't know, my soul might just shrivel up and diiiiieeeee! Is that too dramatic? *sigh* I just love Halloween, alright?! 

IMG_5162 copy