Friday, November 8, 2013

Guess What We Found?

IMG_1478
PUPPIES!!!!!

Kind of a funny story. So we're building our tiny home at my mother-in-law's house. We were staying over there a few days to work on it and during one of the nights, it started raining. And I mean like, pouring. I ended up waking up to go to the bathroom and as I walked down the hall, I could hear faint cries sounding like it was coming from under the house! It sounded like kittens and then I heard a dog whimpering. It was weird and late and I totally thought there were kittens and a dog hiding out under the house! 

The next day, Brandon peaked under the house annnnnnnnd the next door neighbor's dog had had puppies! Under my mother-in-laws house! It was heartwarming and kind of heart breaking at the same time. I don't know anyone who doesn't love puppies.... but they had been under there during all that rain! Crying all night! What if they were drowning? What if they were hurt? 

But they are animals, they can handle it.... Plus, the mamma wasn't too fond of us so we kept our distance. 

Until.....
IMG_1457
One day I walked out by the tiny home and heard a whimper that sounded close, really close. I turned down Brandon's music (he always has it blaring) and looked around to find this little guy buried in our wood stack!! I guess it had wiggled it's way to the opposite side of the house, under the siding, and got stuck in between some wood!! So I basically rescued him. He could have been seriously hurt under all that wood!
IMG_1441
And look how precious. His eyes weren't even open!
IMG_1444
IMG_1438
So that was it. Mamma was gone so Brandon crawled under there to get those puppies out from under the house to put them somewhere they would be more safe/comfortable!
IMG_1463 IMG_1465
There were nine! Nine of the cutest puppies I have ever seen. 
IMG_1469
Unfortunately mamma didn't appreciate our moving her pups. And she didn't like us so she came around less frequently which kind of freaked us out so we ended up putting them back under the house. 

They are still under there moving around and whimpering every so often. I have a hunch that they have opened their eyes because they don't cry quite as much. I'm just waiting for the day they start walking around and march there way back out so I can see them again! I'm in love. What's a mamma to do? 
IMG_5162 copy