Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Joys

  • I got to see some great friends over weekend, completely unexpectedly. I also got to go thrifting with one of my favorite thrifting buddies, my sister! 
  • I got to spend the weekend at the beach. We built sand castles (and imaginary pregnant bellies), laughed with friends, drank "grown up" lemonade, watched the stars, and did yoga by the water.
  • Today we started building the tiny home again and boyyy does it feel good. It's been a few weeks so it's nice to see some more progress. The longer it takes, the more anxious and excited we get about it! Sometimes it still hits us and we think, "Wow, we're building a house!?" Just pure awesome craziness. 
  • As the weather starts to cool (or teases us with these little cold fronts), I'm feeling some renewed fall inspiration. Which is nice, kind of a reminder that there's something besides this dang heat! 
  • Lately, I've been working on getting more of our body products in the online store and just a general store revamp. Brandon and I have been working really closely to try and recreate it together which has been (I'm not going to lie) a little frustrating but just as much rewarding. It's fun to be able to collaborate and combine our ideas as we try to make this thing ours
  • Um, did I mention I was excited about fall? Summer was great but fall feels like a fresh start! I can't wait for the weather to cool down and to start participating in some more show and markets around here. Not to mention, I'm going to be able to graduate at the end of the semester! 
  • And speaking of school, this week we will be starting Eliza's pre-school homeschooling! Since she will not be attending any mother's day out or anything, we wanted to get on a nice schedule and get her active during the day with educational things! Mostly fun educational games and crafts but I'm mostly just excited about a routine. It's been a while since we've had one and it'll be nice to follow a schedule again. I'll share more about our goals and things we plan on doing with her another day.
  • I've started an exercise/yoga regimen... kind of. The last year I haven't been too good with that aspect of my life and it feels good to take care of my body in that way. It's been about two weeks now and I already feel stronger and healthier! I can't really explain it but it's like a treat for my body. I always feel great on the days that I exercise. I'll have to do a separate post on that too. 
  • In general, I've just been trying to accept and be grateful for things. Sometimes I get too caught up in thinking of how I want things to be instead of appreciating the beauty of just being. As a hardcore dreamer, I find this is something I have to remind myself of often. 
  • And on a last note, I got my first battle wound today! Brandon had made a home depot run so I was busy getting things done by all by myself. And I was doing good until I started nailing together a chunk of the wall frame and totally smashed my finger! I was using a framing hammer that has these tiny raised pyramid things on the head and it ripped the skin off the side of my finger. Yoooowww! It started bleeding everywhere and so I did this zombie walk back to the house when I started to see those black dots that appear right before you pass out! Somehow I managed to get inside and take a few breaths but seeing blood and getting serious wounds are definitely not my thing. After my mother in law helped me get bandaged up and I got over the dizziness I became really nauseous and had to lay down. I'm ok now, and my finger still hurts a little but.... I made it! Now I can truly say that my blood went into this house. And that's something to be proud of right? Let's just hope that's the last time though! 
IMG_5162 copy