- Will you be building around the wheel well?
- If so, how far past the edge of the trailer are you building and will that be stable?
- What kind of insulation and what r-rating do you need for your floor? Since air can move underneath you trailer, you will need adequate insulation on the bottom.
- Are the joists going to be 16" or 24" on center?
- What thickness will you need for the subfloor sheathing?
- How will you attach the floor to your trailer
- In my research I've found that it's best to put your flooring perpendicular to your flooring joists. So you have to decide which way you want your flooring to run.
- Consider plumbing and where your bathroom will be.
- Are you going to build the bottom in three sections?
- Make sure there is a strong seal on bottom so nothing can come up through floor.
- Make sure to cover it well between building days so rain doesn't leak through the floor and into the insulation.
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Tiny Home Building: Floor Specs
at 12:46 PM