Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tarot II

We could all use a little advice now and then and lately I have been turning a lot to tarot cards. I know some people think they are voodoo or "hocus pocus" but I have found that they are really just a way to connect with yourself and to gain a larger understanding of your true being. Ultimately to gain a higher consciousness of who you really are. But enough about that, I'm sure you got that from my last post. 

I actually have a deck now but thought it would be fun to do a computer simulated one. They never fail me. If you want to do one yourself, just visit facade.com/tarot and type in your question!  

Why have I been feeling so anxious?

Click for Details

The One Card spread is the most concise of all spreads, intended to provide a quick take on a situation, or to reduce it to a single point of meditation. The Benedetti Tarot is a highly stylized deck painted on gold leaf. 7 years in the making, the images were inspired by the Visconti Tarot, the earliest Tarot deck still in existence. The Benedetti Tarot is the favorite deck of those who seek simplicity and elegance in their lives.
Click for DetailsThe card represents the critical factor for the issue at hand. Four of Cups (Luxury): Being surrounded by love and devotion but taking it for granted. Ignoring the real and longing for the indefinable. Apathy and disengagement from the world. Dissatisfaction with the condition and direction of affairs, but the inability to accept new opportunities.

Dang. Didn't expect to hear that but I certainly needed it. I've been spending far too much time in my head lately worrying about things I don't have than appreciating the things I do have. Note taken. 
IMG_5162 copy