Monday, August 19, 2013

Little Yellow Spider


A friend of mine was walking around with a guitar singing this song yesterday. I love this song. And it reminded me of summer. 

Gosh, summer is just about over now though. The weather yesterday got all the way down to 80 and I was in *heaven*. But.... how is it the end of summer already? Time flies when you're having fun I suppose? 

This is my second to last weekend of summer (I start my last semester of school in two weeks!) and it was fabulous. I spent the entire Thursday and Friday from about 11 in the morning to 2 at night preparing for a music festival. Then Saturday and Sunday we spent lounging around outside, listening to music, and trying to sell things... like a bunch of gypsies. It wasn't quite as profitable as I would have hoped but I don't regret it. It's nice to have a motivation like that to get a lot of work done. And the experience was fun, if anything I met a few interesting people and filled my head with some pretty decent local music. 

Saturday night we also got to go to a free show in Houston. We saw Fat Tony, Riff Raff, and Bun B, we danced, and we sipped on free drinks courtesy of Brisk. That last part we probably overdid (and by we, I mean me). Let's just say that Sunday morning was a little slow for me! But hey, YOLO..... haha I just said that. Whatever, don't judge me.  

So next weekend is the benefit for our Tiny Home and I'll probably spend a good chunk of the week getting ready for that. 

Oi, summer is almost over ya'll. What are you going to do with the time left? I think I need to squeeze in some last minute sun bathing? 

Oh! And I just (finally) watched The Dark Night Rises and holy cow. *mindblown* 

Anyways, live up the last of these summer nights while you still can! They're magic.

IMG_5162 copy