Friday, August 23, 2013

Hatch Chile Fettuccine

In honor of hatch chile season, I stocked up on a ton of chiles and dove straight into cooking. The first thing I was wanting craving was fettuccine so I made up this dish and boyyyyy did it surpass all of my expectations. I'm not going to lie.... I had about three bowls of this stuff. I went to bed extra stuffed that night but it was so worth it. I know it doesn't look like much in the picture but OOOOOOH MY GOSH, this is probably one of the best meals I've ever made.... and I make some pretty good food if I do say so myself ;)
IMG_9295

Ingredients: 
2 Hatch Chiles
1 Jalapeno 
2 Garlic cloves 
1-2 tbs Butter
1 cup grated Monterrey jack 
4 oz. Goat cheese 
3/4 cup Milk 
Salt and pepper as needed
Cooked noodles (I am so bad at estimating noodles so... just however many you think!)

1. Roast peppers on 450 F for about 20-30 minutes, put in sealed container for 20 min., peel off skin and de-seed. 
2. Combine milk and peppers in a food processor and puree. 
3. Sautte garlic in butter. 
4. Add cheeses and pepper/milk blend to the garlic/butter until melted. Bring to simmer and cook for 5 more minutes. 
5. Add salt and pepper to flavor. 
6. Serve over noodles. I used angel hair because we had some leftover but you could use fettuccine or any other kind of spaghetti. 
IMG_9298

I'm sure you can make this without hatch chiles too. I'll probably be testing it out as soon as the season is over! 

IMG_5162 copy