In honor of hatch chile season, I stocked up on a ton of chiles and dove straight into cooking. The first thing I was wanting craving was fettuccine so I made up this dish and boyyyyy did it surpass all of my expectations. I'm not going to lie.... I had about three bowls of this stuff. I went to bed extra stuffed that night but it was so worth it. I know it doesn't look like much in the picture but OOOOOOH MY GOSH, this is probably one of the best meals I've ever made.... and I make some pretty good food if I do say so myself ;)
2 Hatch Chiles
2 Garlic cloves
1-2 tbs Butter
1 cup grated Monterrey jack
4 oz. Goat cheese
3/4 cup Milk
Salt and pepper as needed
Cooked noodles (I am so bad at estimating noodles so... just however many you think!)
1. Roast peppers on 450 F for about 20-30 minutes, put in sealed container for 20 min., peel off skin and de-seed.
2. Combine milk and peppers in a food processor and puree.
3. Sautte garlic in butter.
4. Add cheeses and pepper/milk blend to the garlic/butter until melted. Bring to simmer and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to flavor.
6. Serve over noodles. I used angel hair because we had some leftover but you could use fettuccine or any other kind of spaghetti.
I'm sure you can make this without hatch chiles too. I'll probably be testing it out as soon as the season is over!