Monday, August 19, 2013

Blueberry Pastries

IMG_9178
Last week blueberries were on sale and we went a little nuts! So I was sitting in my kitchen with all these blueberries trying to decide what to do and I turned to Google! I ended up making blueberry pie the first night (that lasted all of ten minutes) and then made these blueberry pastry things the next. I didn't write down all of what I did because I didn't take exact measurements but here are the basics: 

Ingredients: 
1 sheet of Puff pastry dough 
2 packages of Blueberries 
1-2 tbs Lemon juice 
1 tbs Cinnamon 
1/2 tsp Salt 
1 cup Cream cheese 
1/2 cup Powdered sugar 
1/2 cup Milk 

1. I started off by laying out my pastry dough (still partially frozen) and letting it thaw for a bit. Then I cut them into about 3" squares. 
2. Next I got my cupcake pan, greased the cups, and laid a square into each one. I only made about 9. 
4. Next, I put the blueberries into a saucepan and started to boil them. 
5. Then I added the lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt to the blueberries and simmer until they thickened up a bit. 
6. Then I spooned the blueberry mix into the cupcake pan on top of the pastry squares. 
IMG_9163
IMG_9155
7. I cooked them probably on 400 F for about 20 minutes or so until the pastry dough started to lightly brown. 
8. While that is cooking, I whipped the cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar together. You can also add some butter if you want. This will make the frosting that goes on top. 
IMG_9168 copy
9. Once the pastries are done, set them out to cool, and then top with the frosting. 
IMG_9170

Here are a few of the links that inspired these: 
Blueberry Puff Pasty Tart
Blueberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry
Muffin Blueberry Puff Pastry

IMG_5162 copy