Last week blueberries were on sale and we went a little nuts! So I was sitting in my kitchen with all these blueberries trying to decide what to do and I turned to Google! I ended up making blueberry pie the first night (that lasted all of ten minutes) and then made these blueberry pastry things the next. I didn't write down all of what I did because I didn't take exact measurements but here are the basics:
1 sheet of Puff pastry dough
2 packages of Blueberries
1-2 tbs Lemon juice
1 tbs Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Cream cheese
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1. I started off by laying out my pastry dough (still partially frozen) and letting it thaw for a bit. Then I cut them into about 3" squares.
2. Next I got my cupcake pan, greased the cups, and laid a square into each one. I only made about 9.
4. Next, I put the blueberries into a saucepan and started to boil them.
5. Then I added the lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt to the blueberries and simmer until they thickened up a bit.
6. Then I spooned the blueberry mix into the cupcake pan on top of the pastry squares.
7. I cooked them probably on 400 F for about 20 minutes or so until the pastry dough started to lightly brown.
8. While that is cooking, I whipped the cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar together. You can also add some butter if you want. This will make the frosting that goes on top.
9. Once the pastries are done, set them out to cool, and then top with the frosting.