Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Quick Veggie Spaghetti
Ingredients (1-2 servings):
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped into pickle sized slices and quartered
2 tbs olive oil
2-3 chard leaves, chopped
4 large olives, chopped
2-3 artichoke hearts, chopped
2-3 tbs pine nuts
4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
4 oz. spaghetti
1/4-1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (mine was spicy, mmmm)
Optional- parmesan and sea salt
1. Start a pot of water for the noodles and throw cherry tomatoes in over at 375 for 15 minutes (you can top with some oil and salt if you'd like)
2. Saute onion and zucchini in olive oil until onions wilt a bit
3. Add garlic cloves until lightly browned
4. At about this time, if the water for the noodles are boiling than add spaghetti noodles.
5. Add chard, olives, artichoke hearts, and pine nuts. Sautee for about 5 minutes.
6. At this point, you can heat up the spaghetti sauce if you'd like... but everything else on mine was so hot that I didn't bother. The rest warms it up!
7. Drain noodles, top with veggie mix, spaghetti sauce, and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan and sea salt.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest