Monday, July 8, 2013

Progress Report: Tiny Home Beginnings

tumblr_mk59ioNNVc1qlszvso1_1280 copy
source

Just a little tiny home update! So our plans are well underway. We officially have all of our windows, we've picked out a door, and ordered a custom, 24 foot trailer! 

Besides spending a lot of time with family and friends, I've been doing the minimum amount of work, and the maximum amount of time working on tiny home plans and working out the little kinks of living. Whenever I start a project, I tend to get a little obsessive... but in a good way. I like to throw myself into projects full force and you know, really give it all my attention. I just go go go! So that's what I've been doing lately, just trying to keep my momentum up and really tackling this thing! 

We started a facebook page for updates and to involve those interested in helping, Brandon and Sam's Tiny Abode. I will, of course, be sharing updates here but probably more day to day kind of updates over there as well as ways people can get involved and learn about the whole process. I've been pleasantly surprised with the amount of support we've received so far and it's been extremely encouraging.

I am excited to say the least and am hoping to spend the majority of the rest of our summer vacation getting the frame up and built so we can finish the smaller projects during the school year. Our overall goal is to have this thing 90% done before the end of the year! *crossing my fingers* We may not move into it right away, we want to make sure our finances are all in order before making such a move but.... I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait! It's still a little hard to believe we are doing this. Like. Really. This is happening ya'll! Every struggle now is making me push even harder for my dreams though. We are pretty determined to make this a reality. 

Anyways, just wanted to update you all a little before I went to bed. Hopefully we'll be getting our door and trailer this Tuesday and then I'll be busy measuring, drawing, designing, and finalizing our plans so that we can start building in the next few weeks! Yay! 

IMG_5162 copy