Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Flight of the Butterflies

A few weeks ago when my niece was in town, we all took a trip down to the butterfly center at the Museum of Natural Science. Definitely one of the coolest places in Houston and the perfect spot to hang out with a couple of awesome little girls. 
IMG_8305 IMG_8298
Check out Eliza's photo-bombing. She's got skills. 
IMG_8299 IMG_8297 IMG_8302 IMG_8296 IMG_8308 copy IMG_8322 IMG_8326 IMG_8327 copy IMG_8329 IMG_8331 copy IMG_8337 IMG_8361 copy
IMG_8364
IMG_8341
IMG_8376 IMG_8350 IMG_8386
Man, my last week has been jam packed! Last week we broke ground on our tiny home and started building the floor frame. It's not quite done at this point but only has about half a days work to complete, woohoo!  
Eliza turned FOUR last Wednesday, can you believe it?! And this weekend, we had a birthday party on top of birthday party on top of birthday party. Craziness. 

We've been practically living at my mother-in-law's house the past couple of weeks with an occasional trip back to our house for extra supplies (aka clean clothes). 

AND one of my professor's called me a few weeks ago and asked me to be on an advisory council for the business management department at my school! So yesterday I went to my first meeting and we all discussed/voted on proposals for the new curriculum changes. It was a pretty great experience and really made me appreciate the effort they put into preparing students for the workforce. All the professors were really awesome and showed a genuine interest in all of their pupils. Going to a community college, you don't get all the prestige as going to a University but the amount of care you get from everyone there on top of the money you save is so worth it. *sigh* I love my school! 

Anyways, that's what's been going on in my life lately. Busy partying, busy building, just busy enjoying summer! 

Hope you all have been well (: 

IMG_5162 copy