Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer Swimmin'

I don't know about you guys but I LOVE high waisted bathing suit bottoms. I'm down with covering up a little more than the typical, teeny weeny bikini. Sometimes this mamma just doesn't want to be exposing my body to all the people around me! Butttttttt one piece bathing suits have kind of a stigma to them. Is that just me? And it's kind of hard to find a cute one piece that doesn't make me look like a grandma.

And this is where the high waisted bathing suit comes in! You can still cover up a bit more while still showin' off a little skin. Best of both worlds! 

So here is what I'm going to be wearing all summer. All day. Every day. I'm so ready. 
IMG_7470
Top- Target 
Bottoms- DIY (scroll down for more info)
IMG_7472
Annnnnd.....
IMG_7467
Bam! Hairy armpits!

So I actually made my high waisted bottoms. I have been meaning to make a tutorial for it but I never got around to finding another one piece and blah blah blah. But THEN I found this tutorial on pinterest (thanks to Bekah!) that is pretty much exactly how I did mine. So there ya go! Check out the tutorial here and sew yourself up a high waisted bikini! Also, you can see how I wore these bottoms last summer here

And here's some extra goodies. Eliza hopped in and demanded to be part of the picture taking! 
IMG_7480
(please excuse the mess)
IMG_7482 IMG_7483 IMG_7485

What kind of bathing suit are you going to be sporting this summer? Are you a teeny weeny bikini kind of gal? Do you like sporting the high waisted bottoms too? Or have you found yourself an awesome one piece?

IMG_5162 copy