Monday, June 3, 2013

New Orleans Trip: Part 1

As some of you may know, I have a lot of family that lives in New Orleans so we visit a lot! On this particular trip, we actually went to see my step sister get married! 

I took too many pictures for one post so the wedding pics will come tomorrow. But here are a few from the spare time we had to wonder the city- the best part about New Orleans. I have been going my whole life and am always finding new things to occupy my trips with. 

Ahh New Orleans, I love you so! 
IMG_6722 IMG_6711
Check out that hair! I love these silly candid pics of him *sigh*
IMG_6732
Of course, the first thing we did was visit Cafe du Monde. If you haven't had a beignet from Cafe du Monde, your life isn't complete! 
IMG_6726
she agrees
IMG_6728
My aunt (left) and mother (right). Aren't they cute! 
IMG_6730
IMG_6743
Next time, I want to take a tour of this place!!
IMG_6746 IMG_6750 IMG_6753 IMG_6756IMG_6733
IMG_6761 copy IMG_6781
Eliza found this egg and I thought it was so pretty. Reminds me of my childhood when I would look for beautiful eggshells like this. 
IMG_6782
Brandon caught him on break! 
IMG_6784 IMG_6786
Catching a quick lunch at the french quarter farmer's market 
IMG_6794 copy
Apparently the Dalai Lama was in town at the same time we were! I came across this poster and thought it was funny 
IMG_6969 IMG_6971 copy
Our favorite road trip past time- catchin up on our favorite shows/movies (best way to keep a kid entertained for 6 hours!) 
IMG_6977

It was a brief trip (we only stayed for two nights) but packed full of activities. Hopefully we'll be able to go back and visit soon! Next time, I want to put together an eating (and maybe thrifting!) guide. That's another great thing about New Orleans. The food, oohhhh the food! That's a reason to visit alone. Seriously. 

You can see some other New Orleans trips here, here, and here
IMG_5162 copy