Saturday, June 1, 2013

Joy

Yesterday was one of those days where I just... got stuck in a rut. I didn't want to do anything but was overwhelmed by everything. Do you ever have those days? 

It started out good. I spent the morning just cleaning, hanging out, and planning a project. Then somewhere in the middle, things started not going the way I planned and I guess I started to throw a little fit. I didn't want to do anything (except for the one thing I couldn't do) and everything, all the million things I thought I should do, seemed so overwhelming. Cleaning, work, playing with my daughter, gardening, cooking, laundry. Usually I would have let it get worse and worse until I took it out on someone else but instead, I went up to my room, lit some incense, turned on my favorite radio show (locallivehouston.com) and chilled out. I've been starting to use positive affirmations (especially in situations like this) to kind of put me back in place so yesterday it was all about "trusting the process of life" and "being joyful and grateful in the present moment". Needless to say, my day ended pretty well. Eliza and I enjoyed a dinner out with my dad at my favorite mexican restaurant. We enjoyed a few drinks, some delicious enchiladas, and then headed off to Home Depot to gather supplies for a new project. We got home kinda late and all of us went off to bed. I read a few books to Eliza and we both conked out for the night. 

Baby steps, but I'm pretty proud that I turned my day around instead of falling into the same old pattern. I'm learning that even though I can't control every situation, I certainly can change how I react to it! And my reaction dictates everything after that, it can be the deciding factor on whether my day after that is going to totally suck or be completely awesome! 



So anyways. What have I been up to lately? 

Well, I've been doing lots of soul searching.... Is that new though? 

I'm finally out of school and have a little bit of a break from work. This weekend is actually my first free weekend in over 9 weeks! Sooooo summer time! I actually have next weekend off too and then we are going out of town for a bit. Yahoo!

In the meantime, I plan on spending time catching up with my online stuff. My poor blog and store have been seriously neglected lately. But that's going to change! I'm ready to get back in the game and have some solid time to do just so! 

In light of yesterday, I wanted to do a joy post. Something I've been trying to incorporate into my (brand new) morning routine is to start off being grateful. It's morning right now and that's just what I'm going to do! So here goes

joy2

  • I am so lucky to wake up next to my two favorite people in the morning, it makes me so happy that Brandon can be with us in the morning now instead of off at work. 
  • I am grateful for all the beautiful things I have. I'm not materialistic and I don't have the greatest things in the world but the things I do have mean a lot to me. 
  • I am grateful for the beautiful house I get to live in. Sometimes I don't appreciate this as much as I should. There are times I definitely take this house for granted but not today!! 
  • I am grateful for the beautiful and loving people in this life I have created. They are everything. 
  • I am grateful for my dad that supports me in all my creative endeavors. From mosaic to raised beds, he's always down to help me co-create and be the extra support I need to finish a project. 
  • I am grateful for my beautiful daughter. Every night I go to sleep with a full heart and get to cuddle right next to her as I fall asleep. Seriously, I couldn't ask for more. 
  • I am grateful for my love and our relationship. We've reached a really sweet spot in our relationship and I'm so happy for that. Despite our disagreements, we are really learning how to work together. It's a constant learning process but I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else! 
  • I am excited about summer! And swimming! And beaches! And movie nights! And sun bathing! Ahh the sun! 
  • I am grateful for my body. I love it more and more every day. 
  • I am happy to get to listen to the wonderful people at locallivehouston.com! It puts me in such a great place and I love to hear all the great things they have to say.
  • I am so grateful for our room. It has become my sanctuary and a place for me to be at peace when I need to. 
  • I am grateful for all of the prosperity and opportunities that have come my way and are going to come my way. I am so blessed ya'll. 
  • And last but definitely not the least- I am grateful for my life. It is so unbelievably good. 
Happy Saturday ya'll! I hope you have a super fantastic, wonderful, fabulous, great weekend! 
IMG_5162 copy