Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Easiest Pancake Recipe

I just made these this morning and honestly, I don't know why people use the gross boxed kind instead of making them from scratch? I had everything already in my pantry (and fridge) and it was possibly the easiest recipe I've found in the last 6 months. They turned out pretty darn good guys. I still plan on improving and experimenting a bit but here is the basic, plain ol' pancake recipe! 
5ffc93eeddaa11e283f522000a1f9016_7 

Ingredients: 
1 cup flour 
1 tbs sugar 
2 tsp baking powder 
1 tsp salt 
1 cup milk 
1 egg 
3 tbs melted butter 


1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. 
2. Whisk in the milk and egg. 
3. Add melted butter. 
4. Pour pancakes onto greased cooking pan on low/medium and flip when you see bubbles forming on the top. 
5. When lightly browned on the other side, remove from heat and enjoy! 


Variations: Next time, I'm going to try 2 tbs brown sugar instead of the 1 tbs white sugar. Also, I would like to try it with buttermilk instead of regular milk and see how that turns out. Some other ideas I have are adding spices like cinnamon or possibly fruit like blueberries! Or.. maybe both, yum! 

Do you guys make pancakes from scratch? Any ideas/suggestions for my basic recipe? 

IMG_5162 copy