Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Quinoa with Chili Sauce

GUYS, my new latest obsession: 
IMG_6379
So a few weeks ago, I did a little market at this place downtown called Avant Garden. About the middle of the day, I decided to take a break from manning the store to check out the other vendors and what they were selling. As I was walking around, I came across this booth that struck me as.... interesting. There was just one guy standing there behind this little podium with a bowl of chips and a few jars of sauce sitting on top. He was very friendly and offered me a sample. So, being one that does not turn down free samples, I gladly had a taste and.....IT. WAS. SO. GOOD. 

So I bought one. And that was that. 

I've been using it on almost everything. It's good on everything. And it makes everything just that much more delicious

This quinoa dish was the first thing I made with it, kind of like a tester. But let me tell you, it was everything I had hoped for. Here is how I did it: 
IMG_6407
First, I sauteed some veggies which included onion, garlic, some kale, and a little corn. I also oven roasted some cherry tomatoes (my fav.)
IMG_6392 copy
I mixed all that with some cooked quinoa (and a little bulgar because I need to get rid of it), stirred in a generous amount of the chili sauce, and then topped it off with the roasted cherry tomatoes and some fresh avocado. 
IMG_6411
YUM. 
IMG_6380 copy
Sometimes I am delightfully surprised with the creative and driven people I come across. I just can't help but love everything about this product right down to the darn label! 
IMG_6383 IMG_6384
They have one other sauce, Roasted Pineapple & Habanero, and another on the way. They're natural, homemade, and absolutely delicious. 

Seriously, what more could one ask for. 

I am officially a fan and am going to have to stock up pretty soon. My first bottle is just about done!

You can check them out at www.bravadospice.com. Support local ya'll! 

IMG_5162 copy