Thursday, April 11, 2013

Good Foods We've Been Eating Lately

I haven't done one of these in a while! Here are some delish recipes we've been cooking up lately. Check out my pinterest for more vegetarian recipe inspiration! 
coconut_corn_salad_recipe
Coconut Corn Salad- surprisingly delicious. Definitely one for the recipe book! 
broccoli and cheese soup ladle 400 watermark
Broccoli & Cheese Soup- we used smoked gouda for this and it turned out a bit much for me but definitely trying again with regular gouda! 


I think I mentioned it but a week ago today was Brandon and I's 5 year anniversary!! It's crazy to think we've been together that long. 5 YEARS. Dang. 

Thursdays are always busy for us so we settled for a nice home cooked meal and this is what we had: 
7001999443_9cfdeda591_o
Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo
4693748703_9859d3a1b0_o
source
I was hoping we could go to Pappadeaux but we are saving that for my birthday! So instead, we made our own Pappadeaux Fondue. And it was GOOD. We left out the seafood though...
IMG_0751
Creamy Avocado Pasta. I'm pretty sure I've posted about this one before but it's just so good I had to post it again! I cook this a lot. For one, it's delicious and two, it's sooo easy. I made this when my sister came into town and it was a hit all around! 
portabella_mushroom_cheesesteaks
Portabella Mushroom Cheesesteaks. This one is dad approved (which is saying a lot!)
portobello-burger-fore296
Black Bean Burgers- I made a version of these. I'll share my recipe later ;) 
Spring_Roll1
Vegetable Spring Rolls
vegan-kale-pasta1
Spicy Creamy Kale Pasta
wild-rice-with-sun-dried-tomatoes
I couldn't find a picture but one night I made wild rice with sun-dried tomatoes. I combined these two recipes: 1, 2
driedapples-800
Have you guys made dried apple chips before? Yum! Here are the two recipes I kind of followed for mine: 1, 2

I've been feeling kind of stressed and overwhelmed the last two days. The school year is ending and even though I only have two classes, the projects are starting to pile up! Plus since it's almost summer, we've been doing shows every single weekend. Busy, busy, busy. It's been fun but.. I don't know, I've been having trouble being present and being grateful for what's in front of me. My mind's been in the future, dreaming of what I want. Which is good, don't get me wrong but it's starting to get the best of me. I just need to keep patience on my mind and enjoy the now. *sigh* 

Well, I'm glad it's almost Friday. I for one am ready for the weekend! 
IMG_5162 copy