Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Good Foods We've Been Eating Lately

coconuttofu2-2-640x420 
Coconut Tofu Tacos w/Coconut Mango Slaw
IMG_0052.ps 
A week ago we went to the Cheesecake Factory because Brandon got a gift card from work. And it was surprisingly delicious!! So good that I wanted to try and recreate what I had, Evelyn's Favorite Pasta. I looked online and kind of combined a few recipes, using what I had. Here are the three I based my recipe on- 1, 2, 3
macaroni-2-final1 
Butternut Squash Mac n' Cheese, very interesting. 
sausage-etoufee1 
Vegan Sausage & Mushroom EtoufeeHow to Cook Brown Rice

This was pretty good.... but nothing compared to my dad's Etoufee. I'm kind of biased (; 
tumblr_m45d64gXG51qbh5fjo1_500
Stuffed Bell Peppers, mine was a little different... I'll have to post my recipe. It was so good. 
IMG_2477
I made these Homemade Tortillas for the recipe below. 
veggiequinoaburritos2  
Veggie Quinoa Burritos
SpringRollPeanutDippingSauce  
Spring Rolls with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce. I made different spring rolls with what I had but this dipping sauce is THE BOMB. 
raw-vegan-fudge-recipe-5-550x368  
Vegan Fudge, pretty good. Very banana-y
BlueberryBakedOatmeal
Blueberry & Raspberry Baked Oatmeal
dsc_0055-31
Saurkraut, I haven't tried ours yet. I am a little apprehensive about it.... I'll let you know how it turns out? 

I also made my taco soup but used my tomato puree, taco seasoning, and made fresh corn. So it was really from scratch!! 

Oh and I attempted to do some canning this week! I made a batch of ketchup and it turned out AWFUL. I was so sad. It did smell like ketchup though, but it came out completely liquid. I don't even know. BUT I WILL TRY AGAIN!! 

I think the canning part of it went well though, so that's exciting! I'm ready to start stocking up on homemade canned food. I want to get really good before summer comes around and we harvest our crops (: 

Have you guys been eating anything interesting lately? Send me some links!! 
IMG_5162 copy