Sunday, January 20, 2013

Winter Beach Trip

A few weeks before Christmas (yaaa these are kind of old), we took an impromptu family trip down to the beach. I had to grab some supplies at a store down there and we had the whole day free to do whatever we wanted. So to the beach we went!!

First, we hung out downtown and I retrieved my supplies...
  IMG_2736 
IMG_2739 
(fyi- I am definitely wearing shorts under that top/dress thing)
IMG_2740
And then we headed down to the beach. We played on the rocks, with the sand, and just explored all over. It's quite a different experience going in the winter when it's too cold to get in the water. But fun, nonetheless! 
IMG_2743 IMG_2762 IMG_2773 IMG_2767 IMG_2783
Let me introduce *drum roll* the many faces of Brandon!
IMG_2792 IMG_2794 IMG_2810
Oh, so this is where Eliza gets those eye rolls! 
IMG_2797
And my personal fav- the cheesy headshot! Work it, baby! 
IMG_2822 IMG_2814
Eliza did end up having her share of water towards the end... I sure am glad I packed an extra outfit for her!! 
IMG_2826
*sigh*
IMG_2835
I don't know if you can tell but she's pretty much soaked in this last picture. What can I say, she's a little free spirit (: 


A little life update- 

I started school on Tuesday. I'm kind of in that overwhelmed, first week of school phase right now... OH and I have to get a job. Like a real job with a supervisor for my "field experience" class. So when I first found out, I turned to Craigslist to search for potential job opportunities and realized how much I didn't want to get a job. Volunteering was my only other option. I thought, well if I volunteer then I want it to be something I can benefit from, right? And then I thought of Wwoof! Have you guys heard of it? I'm not doing exactly that but I'm looking at volunteering at a local organic farm. I'm not too thrilled with the hours I'm going to have to put in BUT I am really excited about learning how to garden and grow food. I've gotten one email response so far so we'll see how that works out!! 

I guess now, my vacation is officially over. At the moment we are splitting our time between living at my dad's and living at home. But we have less than 30 days left on our lease so wahoo! I kind of can't wait to not pay rent. This whole volunteer thing is going to take a lot of time from my schedule and I'm not sure how it's going to effect my store. Not having to pay rent will be a huge relief though. But then again, Brandon will be quitting his job and hopefully helping me with the store so... we'll see? 

I feel like that's kind of how everything is for us right now, just kind of waiting to see how things work out. This is going to be an interesting couple of months, that's for sure! So much change, but good change!!
IMG_5162 copy