Sunday, January 13, 2013

Simple Christmas

Between the roaches and pretty much moving out of my house, I had no desire to decorate our apartment. So it didn't happen. And we had a very simple Christmas. To tell you the truth, I didn't really mind! It was a lot less stressful, let me tell ya! And more focused on meaningful things rather than objects. 

But I did spend a lot of time making (almost) all of the gifts I gave and enjoying time with family and friends. I didn't take a bazillion pictures like usual (shame on me) but here are a few that I had from our Christmas day and New Years. 
IMG_3010
Since I went on a decorating hiatus, we didn't do a tree. So Brandon created this glorious almost tree! I think it turned out pretty nice, haha! 

Oh and did I mention Eliza got sick??!! She had like a 102 fever all day. It was so sad. This was her face almost the entire Christmas day-
IMG_3020
Poor thing. 
IMG_3028
This was the closest she got to smiling. And of course, while opening her Ice Cream Cone Kit I made her. 
IMG_3034IMG_3025
Silly faces! I got Brandon this cool crystal wand. It's rainbow fluorite, this picture doesn't do it justice. 
IMG_3012
Brandon always has the most inventive wrapping. 
IMG_3036
I found this book at a thrift store. It's pretty awesome. 

On New Years we went to a party at a friends. It was nice because there were lots of kids (all boys) and Eliza had a blast chasing them around and trying to be part of their fun. It was cute. 
IMG_3055
IMG_3063
NEW YEARS!!!! This picture is hilarious to me. That face! 


And I thought I'd just slip this one in here. We did a puzzle the other day and I was so proud of myself for finishing it. 1,000 pieces! 
IMG_3272
Also, I kind of want to live there. 
IMG_5162 copy