Thursday, January 24, 2013

Renting Textbooks- CampusBookRentals.com

textbook girl
source, source

















As most of you know, Brandon and I are still in school. And a big part of school is getting textbooks! 

But let me tell ya, textbooks do not come cheap!! 

Over the past 3 years I'd say... I've learned a few things about getting cheap textbooks (hello, broke mamma/college student here!). I even did a whole study once on the most cost-efficient and easiest ways to acquire a textbook. It was for a class, btw, but proved to be very helpful information! So when it comes to getting textbooks, you basically have 3 options:  1) Buy your books from a book store, 2) Buy your books online, or 3) Rent your textbooks

Can you guess which method ended up being the cheapest? 

...... 

Renting!! 

And no joke, CampusBookRentals.com was one of the top websites I recommended to rent your textbooks from. I'll send you my report if you don't believe me (;  

On top of being eco-friendly and helping to reduce clutter, here are some additional perks of renting your books:
-you can save 40-90% off of bookstore prices (oh ya!)
-free shipping both ways (so easy and you don't even have to leave your house!)
-you can highlight in the textbooks
-they have flexible renting periods
- AND Campus Book Rentals donates to Operation Smile with each textbook rented

A little video about renting textbooks: 
 
Can you get a better deal with that? I'm not sure that I can. Seriously, I think renting textbooks is definitely the way to go. And if you're interested, I highly recommend Campus Book Rentals


However, if you're not into renting and still want to buy your books, let me introduce to you this GENIUS program they have called RentBackRentBack is a new initiative that allows students to rent the textbooks they own - to other students... which is awesome because it makes them 2-4x more money than they'd make if they sold their books back at the end of the semester through buyback options! Check out this little video about it: 


Whaaaa? I've definitely got a pile of books that I'm going to do this with. I mean, who's not down to make a little bit of money? I certainly wouldn't turn down the opportunity.... 


So those are two fantastic options to help out any college students looking to save (and perhaps even make) a few extra dollars. 

What do you guys think? Have you ever rented textbooks? Is this something you are interested in?? 
IMG_5162 copy
*This post is sponsored by Campus Book Rentals