Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Joy: Family

joy2 Today was an odd kind of day. It started out with a few minor... bumps. My car battery has been on the fritz and Tuesdays are super busy days for us because all three of us go to school. We got a late start waking up but Eliza and I managed to get ready on time. My dad had let my battery charge all night so my car would actually start in the morning and I could get Eliza to school. So that was great, all I had to do was unplug it and go, BUT then I couldn't get my dang hood to close!! I finally figured it out and dropped Eliza off at school just in time, probably a minute before the cut off! And lucky me, the battery had just enough juice to start up one more time and I drove home to meet Brandon (getting off of work) so we could switch cars. After Brandon got back, I was finally able to head to school when it started raining! I had to walk 1/2 mile through rain, which was luckily only a sprinkle then, to my class. I was about four minutes late to class and barely made it on time to complete the quiz we take in the first 10 minutes of class. However, I did forget the paper I had stayed up so late to finish and my teacher doesn't take late work. Darn!! 

Oh well. You win some you lose some right? I feel like all day these little bad things were happening but I kind of lucked out? Like they could have been so much worse. And besides the movie I watched that was kind of depressing, I was in a pretty fantastic mood all day. 

Sooooo I decided to do a Joy post to remember some of the good things happenin' around here. Not familiar with my Joy posts? Read more here
  • School is going really well. I am only taking two classes now and one of them actually involves working on my store! So a lot less stressful than it started out to be, such a relief!
  • Brandon is quitting his job a week from Friday, I can not tell you how excited I am about this
  • I have been having a fabulous time lately with Eliza, making and playing. It's been wonderful 
  • Eliza has been extra awesome the past week or two... Or maybe it's just me? All the sudden she seems so old. But young at the same time? She's getting so big *sigh* So I've been trying to spend more and more time with my baby girl before she gets all grown up on me!! 
  • I got my dad to try tofu! That's a major accomplishment. 
  • I started my own garden! Pretty excited about that one
  • I made Eliza a little play area in the back of my dad's house. I have plans to make it more like a little house, all I've got right now is the floor and a frame (it used to be a garden). But it's lookin' pretty cute! 
  • I also made Eliza a little rag doll! This is something I've been wanting to do for a while but it never seemed like the right time until now. It was so fun to make. Eliza picked out all the fabrics and watched me sew (almost) the entire thing!! She was very into "being involved". And then she named it Eliza. After herself. 
  • I've officially made-over one room at my dad's house and it looks so good. This weekend, we start on another! Trying to keep the ball rollin'!! 

So that's that. I've been spending most of my time working a lot on my dad's house and a few personal projects. But this week I have to start back with real work, on my store! I've got tons of new stuff to get out there!! 

Do you have any joys you want to share?? Let me hear 'em!! 
IMG_5162 copy