Monday, January 14, 2013

Handmade Recipes

For Christmas, I wanted to make gifts that were more consumable than would create clutter. So I ultimately went with food and body products! Here are some of the things I made. 

Taco Seasoning
IMG_2991 copy
Ingredients: 
4 tbs chili 
2 tbs cumin 
1 tbs paprika 
1 tbs cayenne 
1 tbs oregano 
1 tbs onion powder 
1 tbs cocoa powder 
2 tbs garlic salt 
1/2 tbs black pepper 
1 tbs cornstarch or flour 
IMG_2993
x2 for jar 
To cook- Use 4 tbs of taco seasoning with 2/3 cup water and 1 lb ground beef 

Wood Polish 
1 part beeswax 
4 parts oil (I used olive oil)

Lotion Bars (these are awesome)
1/2 cup coc. oil 
1/2 cup shea butter 
2/3 cup beeswax 
essential oils 

Some lip balm formulas- 
I made a bunch of lip balms for Christmas and this is what I used:
3 tsp beeswax 
2 tsp jojoba oil 
2 tsp coconut oil 
Essential oils (grapefruit/vanilla and lavender/mint)

But here are two more that I may try out- 
2 tsp beeswax 
2 tsp carrier oil 
or 
2 tsp beeswax 
4 tsp coc. oil 

Did you guys make any Christmas gifts this year? What were they? 
IMG_5162 copy