Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Spicy Chard Fettucine

IMG_2395
Ok, these aren't the most spectacular photos ever but guys. This was SO good. I got the idea from here and kind of improvised with the ingredients that I had. I kind of guessed at how much I used of each ingredient so it's a little rough.... but I think this is pretty close! 

Ingredients: 
1/4 Onion (cut into slivers)
3-4 tbsp Butter 
1-2 tbsp Flour 
1 cup Milk
3/4 cup Salsa (I used Pace Picante)
Chard (if the leaves are about 4" wide, use 6. If they are like 8" wide, use 3)
1/4-1/2 lb Noodles
To taste:
Garlic salt
Chili powder
Paprika
Red Pepper Flakes

*Note about chard, cut off stem and roughly chop. It will shrink to about half it's size.

1. Melt butter and sautte onions in saucepan. 
2. Start boiling water for noodles and cook noodles during next few steps.
3.  Add flour, cook for a minute. 
4. Add a cup of milk and salsa.
5. Cook for a minute or two 
6. Add garlic salt, chili powder, paprika, and red pepper flakes. 
7. Add chard and another splash of milk 
8. Combine with noodles and eat! 
IMG_2394

Oi, this is making my mouth water just thinking about it!! Mmmmm mmmm! I'm going to go make lunch now... 

IMG_5162 copy