Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Renfest/Camping 2012

Every year we go to the Texas Renaissance Festival and it is a blast! But this year we decided to step it up a notch and camped there all weekend! Boy, was that an experience. You think the it's wild during the day but at night it gets crayyyy.

My brother, sister, Brandon and I finally got there at about 10 o'clock at night and there was a LINE to get in. We set up camp with no trouble at all and started our dinner....
IMG_1466 IMG_1469 IMG_1468 IMG_1465
We had chili for dinner (: We walked around and explored the rest of the night until we decided to hit the hay. 
IMG_1500
The next day we woke up, ate some breakfast, and dressed up in our finest Renaissance apparel! 
IMG_1494
Say hello to our friend, Christian! 
IMG_1477
I made cloaks for my sister, brother, and Brandon. They turned out pretty dang cool! (I'll probably do a tutorial for that later)
IMG_1480 
The twins, aren't they cuuuuute?!
IMG_1482 IMG_1485 IMG_1508
And Brandon... being a goof. True story, when I made this shirt for him last year I actually made him do half of the sewing!! 
IMG_1522 IMG_1514
Cool van, huh? 
IMG_1542
When we got inside, we were lucky enough to catch a chainmail fashion show! Only at renfest...
IMG_1541 IMG_1538
And spotted a ferret! 
IMG_1550
Then we met my Dad, Eliza, and some friends at this huge arena where we watched some fake jousting. That was... interesting.
IMG_1561 IMG_1564 IMG_1578
The rest of the time we walked around, did some shopping, and enjoyed the festivities! 
IMG_1582 IMG_1569 IMG_1574 IMG_1576
From what I hear, Jon kind of whooped Brandon's butt at King of the Log. 
IMG_1590 IMG_1589 IMG_1596

I have to thank my friend Christian for taking the last few photos. When you get burnt out on taking pictures all the time, it's nice to have someone else take over (: Thanks buddy! 

It was SO much fun, camping was definitely the way to go. Next year, hopefully Eliza can stay a night with us too! We met some cool people including a super tall, master whistler and a lady that lived in a yurt! 

Sometimes it's nice to get away from the real world and be in this fantasy place. And I'm not going to lie, the dressing up part is half of the fun! If only it came around more than ONCE a year!! 

Farewell my dear Renfest, until next year. 

IMG_5162 copy