Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mingle Monday: Maria Denomme Photography

This Monday, we have an amazing photographer named Maria here!
******************************************************************
IMG_4010

1. What got you into photography and how long have you been at it?
I remember taking pictures at a young age with some sort of film camera. Usually taking pictures of my sister. But it was never a big part of my life until I was about twelve years old. That was the time I received my first digital camera for Christmas. So, five years ago I fell in love with photography and my love for it just keeps getting stronger. What really got me into it was the fact that they represent memories. I first started taking pictures of my friends, which then lead to making them do photo shoots. Then it just kept expanding after that.
IMG_7622

2. What does photography mean to you? Business or pleasure?
I definitely do photography because it is pleasurable for me. I take my camera everywhere I go. It’s like a hobby I get to do 24/7 to capture everything around me. Although my photography is for my own pleasure, it has become a business as well because I want to pursue it as my main career.  Therefore I really try and put a lot of effort into how my pictures turn out and which ones to post.
IMG_9195

3. What do you mostly photograph?
I mostly photograph people. I feel like there are so many creative and interesting shots you are able to achieve just by one person. I like to capture emotion the most. People always show their unique personality through how they react.
IMG_9209
4. What do you besides photography? What’s a normal day like in the life of Maria? 
For a normal day for me, I wake up early and go to school. There, I take pictures for the school and work hard towards getting good grades. Once I get home, I mainly focus my time around homework and my photography. This could include looking for inspiration, planning out shoots, editing pictures and/or working on blog posts.
IMG_0557

5. Do you plan out your photoshoots or just kind of wing it?
I usually really plan out my photo shoots. I like to have structure before I just go out and start shooting. However, I don’t plan specific days to post or have a photo shoot. I will admit, I need to improve on that aspect. But, I guess that says I wing when the shoots occur.
MARIA DENOMME

6. Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
As for blogging, I am for sure, 100%, a night owl blogger. I take photos during the day because I favor natural light and like to do everything when the sun is up and bright. Then I go and edit them for the evening, then post late at night. I spend a lot of my day on one shoot or just a series of photographs.
7. Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
I have many blogs in which I always check up on, which of course, includes My Latest Obsession; however I do have two main blogs in which I truly follow. It is in the aspect of both the blogging and the photography. I love abeautifulmess.com and awphotographyblog.com. I don’t know what I would do if all of a sudden they stopped posting. They are so interesting and inspiring towards my life as a photographer and a creative individual.

******************************************************************

LOVE. That's all. Come photograph my life please (: 

Anyways, thanks so much for visiting and good luck with your photography Maria!! You guys can visit her blog here
IMG_5162 copy