Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spanish Rice

I called this spanish rice because that's pretty much what it is. But I made it the way I make fried rice and I'm not sure that's how you're supposed to cook it? I kind of just whipped this together not knowing what I was doing but it ended up great!
IMG_9878
Ingredients: 
A few tablespoons of oil
1/4 cup corn
1 cups worth of cooked rice (I used brown)
1 green onion
1/2-1 cup of chunky salsa
Avocado
Optional: onion, garlic, chili powder, black olives


1. Let oil heat up in pan. Add 1/4 cup corn (optional: add in onion, garlic, and chili powder) 
2. Cook for about 3 minutes 
3. Add in your rice
4. Cook for a minute (you might need to add in a little more oil if it's too dry) 
5. Add in salsa, as much or as little as you want. Here I also added in black olives and green onions.
6. Cook for a few more minutes, adding in more chili powder/salt/pepper/other seasonings to your liking 
serve with avocado on top 
IMG_9880
I've made this a few times since, it's so good. I've been using this hatch chili salsa I got from HEB, I highly recommend it. 


Man, oh man have I been swamped this week! All the sudden I've got loads of homework and am struggling to keep up with work. I don't know how it happened but it kind of feels nice to work a lot. Just the feeling of getting stuff done is really satisfying. We've been doing lots of talking and dreaming about where we want to go with our lives. I'm sure I've told you all but we're planning on a move soon and Brandon is going to quit his job. This means that I'll be bringin' home the bacon for a change! I've been trying to do some networking and reaching out which means I'm getting a lot of odd, little jobs coming my way. I don't mind though, I'm excited to put all that money into a savings account for our future plans. I can't wait to share with all of you what I've got up my sleeve. I'm really excited about it but I think I'll keep it a secret ;) 

Hope your week is going well. Oh and I know this is like a week late (I'm terrible with these things!!) but the winner for the floral headband is... Isaa!!! Expect an email from me!
IMG_5162 copy