Sunday, October 14, 2012

Joy!

While pondering what to post about today, I was talking to my sister about how fun/exciting my day was! Sooooo I figured it's time for another... JOY POST! 
joy2

Good things lately: 
  • Last week I played photographer for my mother and got paid!! Woot woot, money in the bank! 
  • I used that money to start (again) my savings account! It feels good to be able to put money away, ya know?! 
  • Then today I got to play model! It was a lot of fun and a really great experience for me. I met this photographer on Model Mayhem and today we went downtown to shoot in the warehouse district. She helped me out with lots of direction (posing and what not) and I felt really good about it. Like a model! I can not wait to see how they turn out.
  • I've been taking a fitness walking class (for about two weeks) and am starting to get back in shape! It's been a while since I've done any type of consistent exercising so it feels good to get back in the game. 
  • That said, I've officially decided I'm going on a diet. And by diet, I mean I need to stop eating out as much (it's been happening way too frequently... like every day) and quit eating sweets multiple times a day. Thinking of my past week, I've been really bad. Time for some serious home cooking! 
  • I'm officially caught up with homework which feels SOOOO good. 
  • And I've been signing up for some shows around Houston to participate in! 
  • I've also got a bunch of good Mingle Monday's comin' up! (Be excited!)
  • And Halloween is just around the corner! 
  • Speaking of costumes, we're going to CAMP at the Renaissance Festival soon and my brother, Brandon, and I are planning some pretty sweet costumes. Oh ya, we go all out. 

Oh and I've got a funny little story about Halloween. No matter how many conversations we have about how they aren't real, Eliza is not very fond of ghoulish, scary halloween decorations. My neighbors have these flashing eye balls in their bushes that just scare her silly! She's convinced they're ghosts that only come out at night. Anyways, a few days ago we went to the grocery store with my dad and they had this isle full of Halloween stuff. Well they also had two or three of these Eliza-sized figures that were dressed like mummy/ghost/scary dead things. My dad brought her over to look at them and when she saw those things, boy was she scared! She screamed and practically climbed right up my leg! She started trembling and crying and begged me to take her away! It was kind of funny (and cute in a terrible way) but I felt bad for the poor gal. She wouldn't even go within 5 isles of them and when it came time to check out, she had to be taken outside to keep her from going ballistic. Well fast forward to today, we had to visit the grocery store again. It was a different one but she was still scarred from the last experience. I had to drag her through the store, holding her hand and leading her because she refused to open her eyes. The WHOLE time. Can you just imagine? I'm pulling her along, trying to get things for dinner and she's got her eyes shut tight in fear of seeing those stupid figure things. I went around a got a few things and at one point had to let go of her hand to grab something. She proceeded to start running around in circles (still with her eyes closed) crying for me and blindly waving her arms around, bumping into everything. Like a chicken with it's head cut off. I stared at her for a minute (holding down a few giggles) and gently tried to coax her into opening her eyes but to no avail. She's a stubborn little girl, just like her mommy ;) . It was pretty insane, I've never seen her so scared! I ended up having to pick her up and checking out immediately. We went home, ate some dumplings and pigged out on some delicious peach pie... because someone definitely needed. I tell you one thing, I won't be taking her to the store with me very soon. That'll have to wait until after Halloween. 

Hope you guys had a great weekend! Are you ready for Monday? I strangely am! 

P.S. If you want to do a joy post of your own, go for it! Link back so I can check it out (: And you may use the picture above if you wish too!

IMG_5162 copy