Sunday, September 16, 2012

Joy!

Oi, haven't done one of these in a while!! For those who haven't been around too long, "Joy" posts are about being positive, mostly when it comes to lists. I like to make lists but I have an inability to make a list that isn't too much. So a joy post helps me to focus on the things I HAVE done instead of the half of the list that still isn't complete. Also, it's just a chance to think about some positive things goin' on! I got the concept from my mother, it's supposed to involve a "joy buddy" but a "joy post" is just as good! Will you be my joy buddy? 
joy2
And feel free to create a joy post of your own! You may use the graphic above if you'd like. And leave me a comment with a link so we can be joy buddies!! 

Here's my joy list this week: 
  • Cleaning (almost) my entire house this week. And I mean DEEP cleaning. I even moved around furniture to vacuum every square inch!
  • And we've been getting rid of MORE things. It's so hard to get rid of things but it feels soo good. Even if it's just a little, it just makes life so much easier. 
  • I kind of figured out a solid plan for our next 6 months. It's nice to know what we're doing. Finally. 
  • Worked on my garden this week. I did some much needed trimming/organizing, it's a mess out there. 
  • My classes are going really well. I'm so used to the extreme work load of the crammed summer courses so these classes are much more relaxed. 
  • The highlight of my week, always is picking up Eliza from school. I love the look on her face when she looks up to see me waiting for her. She always hops up and runs for her backpack! Cutest. Thing. Ever. 
  • Another great thing that's happened to me in the last two weeks- Spotify! I'm obsessed. It's so nice. 
  • I'm almost done with school guys!! I have been going to school for almost FOUR YEARS trying to get a two year degree. It's so nice to know I only have a semester left. 
  • Another highlight of my week is going to pick up our food shares. It's so fun! And challenging! I love to think of new things to make with ingredients that I've never heard of!! 
  • Work has been going good as well. Summer was such a drab (no one buys things in the summer) so some regular purchases have been nice. And I love the new photoshoot I did, did you see it? 
  • The last good/amazing thing of the week- Cooler weather. Seriously. It is so good. We've gone on more bike rides in the last week than we did the whole summer! 
IMG_5162 copy