Thursday, September 6, 2012

Good Food We've Been Eating Lately

First off, let me proclaim my current love affair with pesto. Thank goodness my dad has about 30 basil plants growing to feed my addiction or I'd be in real trouble! It's so easy to make and can be used in so many ways!! Ahh, pesto. 
6a00d8358081ff69e20177443252dd970d-800wi
I came upon this recipe from A Beautiful Mess, basic basil pesto. It was perfect. So simple. 
IMG_6433-466x700
The first thing I made with it was this, Pesto Potato Skillet
sunset (1 of 1)-2
Then I made a version of this, pesto pizza with roasted cherry tomatoes (another of my latest obsessions)
pestomark-660x989
And then I made this! Quinoa with pesto, corn, and roasted cherry tomatoes, sounds kind of weird but it was goood! Quinoa is quickly becoming a favorite around here. 
egg-and-potato-scramble-2-550x821
That potato skillet is a version of this, homemade hashbrowns. I'm not sure that meal up there is cooked the same as this but I did! And then just added the pesto at the end. These are super easy to make and taste so yummy! The best thing is, you can change it up every morning! I personally liked it with green onions, goat cheese, and parm as well as a few other seasonings like oregano, salt, and rosemary. 
heathers_quinoa
Speaking of quinoa, here was the first dish I attempted to make with it, Heather's quinoa recipe. Mmmm mmm. 
IMG_0751
Looking at this picture is making me drool. Oooh my goodness, again with the roasted tomatoes! Plus avocado and spaghetti?! Perfection.  Avocado fettucine recipe This is actually really easy to whip up. I cut the recipe in half one day and made it for lunch for Eliza and I in about 20 minutes! She loves it, score!
5614421027_597e69203a
 This is something I saw on a blog I read and had to try it. They are chickpea patties loaded with veggies (anything you can find in your fridge!). This is a great way to use those veggies that are about to go bad. 
 7762359256_8a5d3795d8_z
This little guy comes with a funny story. I got really excited about the "hatch festival". I found a bunch of recipes and by the time I got around to trying to make something for dinner, they were all gone!! No hatch chiles in site! Total bummer. But I found some hatch chile salsa that I substituted and it worked out fine. These stuffed hatch chile burgers were delicious! 
pizza1
Now this is kind of a weird combo but surprisingly fantastic!!! Nectarine pizza with basil and balsamic
IMG_6233-700x466
And I just cooked these tonight, Honey Jalapeno Roasted Squash. I used butternut squash instead though and served them as a side with a salad. 
20110603-cookiemonster-whitechocolatemacadmia
And last, the dessert of the week. These were so good. Too good. I think I ate most of them... which is why I try not to make desserts!! White chocolate cookies. I actually left out the nuts the first time because I didn't have any and ended up liking them better! I made them a few days later for my family (with the nuts) and they were so-so. 
I didn't take pictures of any of my meals but they are too good not to share! All these pictures are from the original sources. Actually, I think I'm going to add them to my recipe book now!! 
IMG_5162 copy