Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mini Gouda Pizzas

When I was home alone a few weekends ago, I had to think of simple food ideas for just one person! I hardly ever make food for just one so at first I was just completely out of ideas. And then I decided to just go to the store and see what they had! I found these little personal pizza crusts and thought they would be perfect just for me! 

I remembered that I had some asparagus left over and grabbed some gouda to go with it (perfect combo). I made a few different versions and thought I'd share! 

So here is my mini pizza. I like to get the pizza crust that's already baked. All you have to do is top it with your favorites and stick it in the over for about 8 minutes. 
68 
I loaded it up with gouda cheese (a little too much I might add)...
70
Added the asparagus, and whatever else I could find in my fridge which was goat cheese, some jalapenos, and some shredded parmesan. 
  74
Bake for about 8 minutes and done!
 84
For my next one, I started out the same way. A little less gouda though and I decide to cut the asparagus in half lengthwise and down the middle so that it was a bit easier to eat.  
04
Then, I added some slices of a roasted tomato (left over from my tomato puree) as well as some shredded parmesan.  
03 
And of course, goat cheeese (I may have a slight obsession with goat cheese). 
 05
MMmmmmMMMmm. 
07
These pizzas come in packs of three so for the last one I just made a gouda, margherita pizza. Gouda, tomato, fresh basil, shredded parm, and some italian seasoning. I was so hungry I almost forgot to take a picture of it! So here's half of my margherita pizza!81 
It's no secret that I love cheese. I actually can't eat pizza anywhere now unless it's at a REALLY good pizza place. No more Dominos or Pappa Johns, they just don't compare to the pizzas I can make myself (and I make them 10x healthier!). And in only 8 minutes baking time, you can't really beat it! This is also a great way to use up those left overs. Whatever I have that'll take good together gets loaded up on top! 
IMG_5162 copy