Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Georgia/Florida/New Orleans Trip

This trip was is a little less photo heavy. I put my camera down more so that I could relax and enjoy more without worrying about capturing every moment. It was fun though, a very nice trip. I love road trips with my Dad because he always tries to cram in a bunch of places in one trip. This time we went to Georgia for a baby shower, then stopped in Florida for a night, and the last night we stayed in New Orleans to see some family. 

Georgia was absolutely gorgeous. I think that was the first time I'd ever been there. We got to see a lot of family and everybody was overwhelmingly friendly. It was really nice. We ate some really good home cooked (but healthy!) food and Eliza made lots of new friends ;) 
1 2 
She's a real dog-lover. 

Florida was, of course, gorgeous as well. Eliza already loves the beach but it was great to take her to a really nice one. We talked a lot about how clear the water was and how the sand was actually white. There weren't as many waves as we have in Galveston so Eliza was able to go further out into the water than before, that was fun too. She would wade out as deep as she could and we would jump as the baby waves came towards us. She got quite the kick out of that. And then we'd go hop in the pool for a little more water time (and rinse the rest of the sand off us)!
3 4 
Our room, it was amaaazing. 

Annnnd New Orleans was our last stop. We have a lot of family that lives there so we got some more visiting in. We stayed in a hotel downtown and spent a lot of time going out to eat in the French Quarter. Mmmm. 5 6 7 
The first night we ate at Cafe Maspero's. If you're ever in New Orleans, I highly recommend this place (it's my Dad's favorite). 8
And then Eliza had her first streetcar experience! 
9 11 
It was so funny because when we got in and sat down, the driver just got up and walked away! We're assuming he went to the bathroom because he was back 5 minutes later. But it was funny that he didn't bother to say anything. While he was out, I asked my sister to hop out and take some more pictures of the streetcar! They're just so cute! 
12 13 
(ha, I just noticed this but can you see my dad smiling in the window?!)
14 
15
These things are all over town. I didn't even realize until my sister pointed it out but they are supposed to be those bead dogs that you can make from Mardi Gras beads! 
 17
This is my Grandparent's home. I don't know how much longer they're going to be living here so I wanted to take a picture for keepsakes. This is the only house I've known them to live in, we actually lived there for a bit when we where little too. So many memories.... 
18
And quite possibly the best part of our trip, beignets from Cafe Du Monde. 
19 20 
Ahhh, ya. 
21 22
After beignets, we walked over to the store next door and found this Princess and the Frog children's cookbook (New Orleans style food). Soooo naturally, I just had to get it. It's kind of more for me than Eliza but hey! She read it a little! 
23
And that's all folks! I have about 13 days until school starts again so I'm going to spend that time relaxing in my home and squeezing in as much work as I can. Summer's almost over, can you believe it?! 
IMG_5162 copy