Saturday, August 4, 2012

California, Part 2

After Renegade, we went to visit Venice Beach! And it was BEAUTIFUL. We all love, love, loooooved it. And then the day after, we visited The Getty which is a museum of sorts. I think that was my favorite part of LA, it was just beautiful. We saw an exhibit on Gustav Klimt (love him! I have some of his art here) and the landscape and architecture was just gorgeous. 
22 17     02 96 09 36 87 
Eliza ended up getting her dress completely soaked! Luckily Brandon had just bought a shirt and we threw that on her. 
  63
83
91
76
75 18
the gang
24 48 53 56 64
Visiting California was good, very good. But of course, every trip has some drawbacks. Traveling with a kid is obviously more difficult than not, I’ll expand more on this later.

Also, this trip was important because we have been kind of considering moving here. Although I LOVED lots of things about California, I was a teensy bit disappointed about a few things in LA. Don’t get me wrong, it was a great city and I’m glad my friends are happy there but I’m not quite sure it is the place for me? I just don’t know about the desert-ness. It’s just the complete opposite from where we live. I just really like grass and that is hard to come by in LA. 

I loved the cool weather though. That was a major plus in my book and definitely left an impression. I’m thinking maybe California but a different part? Possibly? Somewhere that’s not a desert? Who knows.
But it’s been a great experience for Eliza. She’s been loving the new places and she even made a new best friend! The people we are staying with have a young dog to which Eliza has grown fond of. It was so cute. Almost makes me want a pet.... almost. 

IMG_5162 copy