Monday, July 2, 2012

Mingle Monday: Run 2 the Wild


Happy Monday guys! Please welcome the lovely lady behind Run 2 the Wild!! 

*****************************************************************************

DSC_0787
1.       What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it?
I have been blogging almost 6 months now... I know... I am a little new at this but I really love it. I started blogging because I feel like I am at the point in my life where everything is just beginning for me and I wanted to record it. I graduated with a bachelors degree in Art Education in May of 2011 so I feel like I now have the free time to get back into the things I have always loved. One of those is journaling and blogging has become a wonderful way for me to fill that need. 
DSC_0980-001
2.       What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure?
I like to say that blogging is both because my little business is my life but also my passion and therefore what makes me happy. So it's kind of a good healthy mix. I have a little shop on Etsy called Run 2 the Wild and I use my blog not to promote but rather to show the behind the scenes of what makes it tick and the inspiration that drives it.
DSC_0299
3.       What do you mostly blog about?
My blog contains a lot of inspiration, journals of my life and a bit of DIY. I am very visual person so you will see a lot of photos... my camera stays glued to my hip. I mostly journal about the mini adventures I take around Kentucky where I live.
DSC_0168-001
4.       What do you do besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Little Red Feather?
A normal day for me usually comes in the form of thrifting, taking lots of pictures, collecting moss and specimens outside, loving my new husky pup, creating things and dealing with my online shop. I also spend a lot of my time working with kids after school and in the summer during camps. If I am feeling a little crazy I like to go out and get a few drinks with friends.
Some of my favorite things to do on a lazy day is lay around with a glass of wine watching Netflix or relaxing in my hammock which is usually where I spend 50% of my summer.
DSC_0460
5.       Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
I have planned a few posts... things like my DIY but my journals are me totally winging it. One thing I always want is to stay true to who I am as a blogger even if my posts come up looking like I had the worst day ever. I want to connect with my readers not just entertain and for me being real is a way for my readers to see who I am and relate to that.
DSC_0827-003
6.       Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
 I am sporadic. You might find me posting at 6 am or sometimes  10 pm or anytime I feel like I need to release. I am a bit of a mess when it comes to being organized and doing things at certain times... maybe I will get better at that one day ;)
7.       Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
http://rootstransplanted.blogspot.com/ a wonderful blog friend of mine who is a marine scientist living in Puerto Rico. Her posts are full of beautiful pictures and interesting thoughts.
http://www.trashtocouture.com/ This blog is a simple as it gets with lots of pictures. Basically this blog shows a transformation of vintage clothing into new one of a kind fun pieces. 
http://meganmakescute.blogspot.com/ I love how this girl keeps it real and raw. Her blog is full of indie inspired DIY. 

P.S. Thanks Sam for having me! I feel so special to be guest blogging on My Latest Obsession!

*****************************************************************************************

No problem girl ;)

So how was your weekend? I got some much needed relaxation time, mostly due to all the rain we got. I love rain.

Anyways, I can't believe 4th of July is in two days! Totally snuck up on me this year....   


IMG_5162 copy