Friday, July 13, 2012

Girlish Garb: Feeding the Ducks

IMG_6438
The other day we decided to swing by our new favorite spot and feed some ducks! We got there RIGHT before dark so I apologize about the dimly lit pictures. 

And here are those high waisted shorts again! I pretty much live in these... Well not these particular shorts... just high waisted shorts in general. I was actually supposed to sell this pair but fell in love with them. And so they're mine. 

I got the idea to add fabric to them from this youtube video. However, instead of a flag, I just used some retro fabric and did one side of them. And it was pretty darn easy, you could probably do it too! :)
 IMG_6448 IMG_6444 
Outfit Details: 
Top- Forever 21
Shorts- Thrifted/DIY 
Boots- Gift from Brandon
IMG_6406  IMG_6419 
IMG_6442 copy

My life lately has consisted of: Homework. And work. Aka a lot of textbook reading, photoshoots, and making clothes. The last two aren't so bad ;) It's the textbook reading that gets me though! And we've been trying to cram every second of our spare time with fun summer activities and trips to see friends (we live so far away from everyone). It's been a great, extremely busy summer so far and I'm excited for what we've got planned next! 

Oh and speaking of work, I've been working on new patterns for clothes and am really excited about that as well! I'll exaggerate more on that once I've got enough to share but they're going to be good. I've been trying to figure out what kind of clothes I find myself wearing and really working on fit/comfort. I don't want to bash my last "dress design" but this time I'm trying to step out of the box a little more, learn some new techniques, and work on things that are a little bit harder/more unique than a basic slip over dress. It's taken a lot of trial and error but I think I've come up with some pretty cool stuff! I've never taken any pattern making classes so it's been a slow process but it is so gratifying to see how I've progressed and actually making something that turns out exactly how I meant it to be (and sometimes even better!). Kind of like art? It's a skill for sure and it involves a lot more math/thinking than I ever expected sewing to be. Crazy how things can work out like that. 

Anyways, have you entered the giveaway yet?!

IMG_5162 copy