1. What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it?
I think a combination of things sparked my blog; I had been admiring and following a few other blogs by photographers, and it got to a point where I just had to jump on the bandwagon! Also, in the past year my amount of photo shoots [both commissioned and self-produced] has just grown so much - it got to a point where I needed something bigger than Facebook or Twitter to share current work.
2. What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure?
Honestly, I think I can answer this question the same way I would if it were regarding photography; both are business, in the sense that I need them to fuel my personal projects. But both I enjoy quite a bit - I mean, why do something you don't love? But I suppose in the simplest terms, blogging is just a way for me to outreach to both people following my work, and other artists. I've met some very talented people since starting the site!
3. What do you mostly blog about?
Most posts are visual updates of current shoots; I like giving behind-the-scenes looks at all of the pre-production that goes into my work. I have an amazing team of girls that I work with for hair and makeup, and I want all of those pieces documented along with the final product! I also slip some personal bits into posts; it's important to me that people recognize me as a real person.
4. What do you besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Alexandra Wallace?Well, I suppose photography would be naming the obvious, but that consumes a decent amount of my time. When I'm not out shooting, I'm usually feeding my Border Collie Bonny graham crackers or singing along to the Beach Boys with my boyfriend Christopher. I am also pursuing a college education, and spend my semester mornings learning about art history and debating sociology.
5. Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
Gosh, I suppose a bit of both. I plan some things to a fault, but when things start to get especially hectic, I've been known to do some pretty extreme winging.
6. Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
I don't think I'm particularly one or the other; as with anything, I just do it when inspiration strikes. I do try and have a day's post ready the night before it gets published, so that all my East Coast followers are able to read it during their mornings.
7. Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
I've found so many in recent months that I don't know where to start. For starters, Rosie Hardy's blog; she's one of the first photographers I really started following online, and she blows me away every time she posts new work. I also read Blog Milk's posts daily; Ana designed the layout of my blog for me, and she has a crazy good eye for design. And lastly, my friend Michelle's blog ModFox is always a favorite to read. She's got an amazing eye for color, and I secretly wish she was my wardrobe stylist every day.