Monday, June 18, 2012

Mingle Monday: A. W. Photography

It's Monday again, boy does time fly! Today I have a really cool gal named Alexandra doing a guest post. She runs a photography blog called A.W. Photography, check it out it's pretty sweet!

**********************************************************************************************************************
1.       What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it?
I think a combination of things sparked my blog; I had been admiring and following a few other blogs by photographers, and it got to a point where I just had to jump on the bandwagon! Also, in the past year my amount of photo shoots [both commissioned and self-produced] has just grown so much - it got to a point where I needed something bigger than Facebook or Twitter to share current work.
guest post image_2
2.       What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure?
Honestly, I think I can answer this question the same way I would if it were regarding photography; both are business, in the sense that I need them to fuel my personal projects. But both I enjoy quite a bit - I mean, why do something you don't love? But I suppose in the simplest terms, blogging is just a way for me to outreach to both people following my work, and other artists. I've met some very talented people since starting the site!
guest post image_3
3.       What do you mostly blog about?
Most posts are visual updates of current shoots; I like giving behind-the-scenes looks at all of the pre-production that goes into my work. I have an amazing team of girls that I work with for hair and makeup, and I want all of those pieces documented along with the final product! I also slip some personal bits into posts; it's important to me that people recognize me as a real person.

4.       What do you besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Alexandra Wallace?Well, I suppose photography would be naming the obvious, but that consumes a decent amount of my time. When I'm not out shooting, I'm usually feeding my Border Collie Bonny graham crackers or singing along to the Beach Boys with my boyfriend Christopher. I am also pursuing a college education, and spend my semester mornings learning about art history and debating sociology.
guest post image_1
5.       Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
Gosh, I suppose a bit of both. I plan some things to a fault, but when things start to get especially hectic, I've been known to do some pretty extreme winging. 

6.       Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
I don't think I'm particularly one or the other; as with anything, I just do it when inspiration strikes. I do try and have a day's post ready the night before it gets published, so that all my East Coast followers are able to read it during their mornings.

7.       Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
I've found so many in recent months that I don't know where to start. For starters, Rosie Hardy's blog; she's one of the first photographers I really started following online, and she blows me away every time she posts new work.  I also read Blog Milk's posts daily; Ana designed the layout of my blog for me, and she has a crazy good eye for design. And lastly, my friend Michelle's blog ModFox is always a favorite to read. She's got an amazing eye for color, and I secretly wish she was my wardrobe stylist every day. 


******************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks so much Alexandra! (: 

IMG_5162 copy