Monday, June 4, 2012

Mingle Monday: My Musings

Hey guys! Long time no see!! It's Monday, so you know what that means. Today I have Hima from My Musings doing a guest blog. Here she is: 

********************************************************************************
Hi there! I'm Hima, and I'm a 14-year old self-described optimist, and a proud Californian. I blog over at My Musings, and I'm unbelievably excited to be on My Latest Obsession today. 

1. What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it?
I started a blog in July 2011 at debate camp just for the heck of it, but I didn't really get into it until February 2012. Realistically, I'd say about four months, but I don't plan on stopping any time soon! I've always loved writing, but I never had the motivation to write for pleasure, i.e. things that aren't school essays. I thought that blogging would motivate me to write, and it obviously worked!


2. What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure?
Purely pleasure. I love blogging and I think of it as my relaxing time. I love to take pictures and document my everyday life as something special. My motto is that nothing isn't worth a picture. The other day at school, on of my teachers got an edible arrangement, and she was just about to eat a piece of fruit. I literally stopped her and said, "Wait! Miss Hamilton, take a picture!" She seemed happy to do so, but I hope she doesn't secretly hate me because I stopped her from eating her fruit!
So this is my little brother (8) and me! We fool around a lot, especially on the day this picture was taken. 
3. What do you mostly blog about?
I'm working on creating a focus write now, but it's hard because I blog about so many different topics. If I had to categorize it, I'd say that My Musings is a lifestyle blog. I really love music, so I try to feature one song, artist, or band in a post every Monday to help introduce people to new artists or find their new favorite song. I semi-frequently share recipes, fun DIY projects, but I mostly write about my life. My goal with my blog is to make anyone who reads it laugh and/or smile.

Tutorial on this coming soon! (Like, tomorrow!)

4.What do you besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Hima?
Well, I'm still only 14 so I have school everyday, but only 3 days left until summer! Other than that I play basketball, edit pictures, pine for a DSLR camera, do homework, take shameless self-portrait, surf around for no-sew DIY ideas on Pinterest (Learning how to sew is on my to-do list for summer!), fight with my 8 year-old brother, and try to convince my mom to let me cook something. I just got my first degree black belt in taekwondo, so I'm really excited about that!
5. Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
I do a Monday Melodies post every Monday, but other than that, I pretty much wing it. One of the things I've noticed since I started seriously blogging, is that I think in terms of the blog now. Whatever I'm doing, I think about how I could make it seem interesting as a blog post. If we're out on a hike, or even just at the grocery store, I'll grab my mom's iPhone and take a couple of pictures of whatever seems interesting, and I usually end up writing about maybe 60% percent of the pictures I take.

6. Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
Well, I have school during the day, so I usually write in the afternoon or at night. Really, at whatever time is convenient for me!
Um, yeah. No words needed. 
7. Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
Michelle @ On The Adventure because she's so adorable and takes pretty pictures.
Danielle @ Sometimes Sweet because she has the cutest kids and loves to read, like me.
Bri @ Breezy Days because she has a great sense of style and is the nicest person you will ever meet.
Kristin @ Kristin's Knook because she takes the time to go in depth about things she writes about. i also LOVE her Sunday Funnies.
Sierra @ Oh, Just Living the Dream because she can sing really well and she writes about things that really matter to her.

Go give these beautiful ladies a little blog love and tell them I sent you!


Thank you so much for having me Sam! Had so much fun :)

<3Hima

********************************************************************************

Thanks for the guest post Hima! Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!! I'll be back tomorrow to tell you all about my weekend. It. Was. So good. 


IMG_5162 copy