Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mingle Monday: Lost in Relocation

Yes, yes it is a day late. But here is today's Mingle Monday with Bhrett from Lost in Relocation.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

1.    What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it?
In the winter of 2010 I decided to go to graduate school.  I was interested in schools in Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Canada, and New York.  After realizing that we would be getting married, moving away from home, and beginning a life half-way across the country I decided to start my little blog to document the process.  I never dreamed that I would meet so many amazing people or get paid to do something that I love so much!  

2.       What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure?
Blogging is and will always be pleasure.  Yeah, I make a couple of bucks here and there for sponsorships, but writing doesn't come easy for me.  I have to be inspired, and I have to love and believe in what I'm doing.  The day that my blog becomes a business will be the day that I quit writing.  (Why yes, I do have a bit of a rebellious streak.)

3.       What do you mostly blog about?
Lately I've been blogging a bit about my inspiration for my shop, Fringe and Feather.  I also write about our adventures around Philadelphia, the woes of a vagabond life, and our journey to a simpler existence.  It's really quite the mish-mash, but I feel that it is representative of who I was and my journey to who I am.

4.       What do you besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Bhrett?
I am a full-time student, part-time pizza architect, and full-time house wife.  I just went back to school for the third time (after leaving my graduate program in New York) to earn a teaching certification.  I have a degree in Mathematics and I hope one day I'll grown up and teach high school mathematics.  Actually, maybe I will pass on the growing up thing...
In a typical day I do a bit of crafting, some homework, and a walk by the river with my loves.  I also do some less blog-worthy things like go to work or clean the kitchen.

5.       Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
I blog like I live the rest of my life.  Winging it is what I do.  You'll rarely if ever see a post planned ahead.

6.       Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
Now that my husband has a nine-to-five I've become a daytime blogger.  I love being able to go snap a few photos and get them live within minutes.  It makes me feel like my readers are a huge part of my life, experiencing it with my as I seek out my journey.

7.       Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
This is always so hard.  I found Sam because we seem to read a lot of the same blogs.  They are big.  You probably read them too.  I'd rather tell you about some up-and-coming blogs that I read.  I hope you'll check them out!
I love A Flower of the Sky.  I feel so connected to Felicia.  We have so much in common, and I love seeing her journey unfold.
Bronwyn at Little Bravery writes of adventure and style.  She's planning to buy a vintage Winnebago and hit the road.  I can't wait to see where her heart leads her.
Kelley at A Crooked Trail approaches life with such joy.  Visiting her corner of the web always brightens my day with an awesome photo, video, or just some beautiful thoughts.

Thanks for having me Sam.  You, lady, are too amazing!
xo bhrett

************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks Bhrett! It was good to have you (: 


IMG_5162 copy