Monday, May 28, 2012

Mingle Monday: Icing & Write



Finally on the right track with Mingle Monday! Everyone, I'd like to welcome Aizzing from Icing and Write

***********************************************************************************************************************************

1. What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it?
I've been online for as long as I can remember and have kept several blogs just as long. Name any blogging platform and my seventeen year old self has probably opened up an account there. I moved to Dubai from Manila early last year and decided to delete most of my previous blogs so I can start anew and be able to update my family and friends back home about what I've been up to here in the desert. From there, my blog has eventually evolved into an online vision board and diary.
after # 1
2. What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure?
Purely pleasure. Homesickness is a daily battle, so it's good to have something on the side to keep me busy and entertained. This lil ol' blog not only fulfills my incessant need for self-expression, but has also brought me so much joy by introducing me to lots of wonderful and inspiring ladies all over the world who I now consider as great friends. 

3. What do you mostly blog about?
Anything goes! But in a nutshell, ICING AND WRITE is about my life (no matter how interesting or how boring it may get). I tried to stick to a theme in the beginning such as blogging about my baking adventures only, but it just won't work for me. I am passionate about a lot of things and have a lot going on in my life here that I really love to share, so you're bound to read not just about one topic, but also a huge variety of daily discoveries and things that inspire and make me happy.

after # 3
4. What do you do besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Aizzing?
I am a media sales diva here in Dubai, working closely with advertising agencies and brands worldwide. I am part of a team who serves as middle man for those who want to place ads on various tv channels, radio stations, newspapers and outdoor media that our company represents exclusively. It's very fast-paced and I'm always swamped with tight deadlines, but being surrounded by all these creativity and exciting challenges can be very rewarding and fulfilling. I love my job and I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

after # 5
5. Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
I'd say I just wing it totally. I'm really bad with planning or scheduling posts. My blog reflects who I am as a person: spontaneous, fun and even crazy. The way I blog is highly influenced by my mood and what I'm experiencing at the moment. But I try my best to post a "Friday I'm in love" entry every Friday that sums up what I'm loving all week. That's how far I can go with regards to planning posts.

6. Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
Definitely a daytime blogger. My nights are always set aside for reading books, watching movies, experimenting in the kitchen and catching up online with my family and friends back home.

after # 7
7. Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
Tricia for her dreamy fashion sense, Valerie for her intricate art, and Kaelah for her fun and interesting life. These creative girls never cease to inspire me daily. :)


*********************************************************************************************************************

Thanks so much Aizzing! It was great to have you. Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday! 



IMG_5162 copy