Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mingle Monday: Diary of This Girl

I'm finally back from vacation! I'll tell you guys all about it tomorrow. But for now, here's a little Mingle Monday, a day late! So please welcome Megan from Diary of This girl!
**************************************************************************************
SD 658
1. What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it? I started blogging this past
October, and must say – I am in love. I started my blog because of my passion for writing. I
wanted to keep track of things I have done, various crafts I have made, and the emotions I have
experienced in my post-college life. It has proven to be a great way of keeping in touch with my
now scattered friend group.
2. What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure? Purely pleasure for me! I am afraid if it
began to feel too business-like, I would stop doing it.
388203_677239020693_28205957_34846017_528188257_n
3. What do you mostly blog about? My blog posts are fairly eclectic. I use my blog as a means
of expressing myself – whether through fashion, honest writing, or inspiration I have found
elsewhere. I also love sharing ridiculous stories about my little dachshund, Bailey!
4. What do you do besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Megan? Life is pretty
normal – or so I think! I currently work as a nanny. I hold the cutest babies, change diapers, wipe
noses, and chase around an energetic three-year-old. On weekends, I like to spend time with the
girlfriends or visit my family. I also do a fair amount of napping because – let’s be honest – the
babies are exhausting! I eat a lot of junk food, and try to combat the junk by going on walks or
to the gym. Being healthy is a major goal of mine (that I fail at it on a daily basis). I am an avid
reader and am addicted to the new ABC show, Revenge. SD 822
5. Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow
blogger? I mainly wing it, to be honest! There are times where I am running, driving, or reading
other blog posts and think of something I would like to blog about. I might find a quote that
inspires a particular post, a craft I recently did, or a new outfit I want to share. In regards to how
frequently I post, I used to stick to a blogging schedule (every day in the morning). Life has been
fairly chaotic lately, so there are days where I am just too tired to post. Or don’t bathe and wear
sweats – not exactly blog-worthy. However, I try to post five or so times each week. photo (2)
6. Are you a daytime or night owl blogger? Definitely a day time blogger I am an old woman at
heart, and usually work early in the morning, so I fail at staying up late!
7. Name a few of your favorite blogs and why? I am a huge fan of this lovely host, Sam at
My Latest Obsession. She is incredibly sweet and genuine. I love her clothes, crafts, and
hearing about her and her adorable little family! Katie, at Katie Did It, is another one of my
favorites. Recently engaged, she has the most unique style! I want her closet, thank you, Katie!
Whispering Sweet Nothings, written by Shane, is both honest and inspiring. She posts about her
college experience, volunteer work, and family life. I could go on and on about these ladies and
others! I am somewhat of a blog reading addict.

***********************************************************************************
Thanks so much Megan, you are too sweet ;) 

Well folks, I'll be back tomorrow with the scoop on.... what happened in Vegas! Until then, this girl's got some recuperating to do! Ta-ta!


IMG_5162 copy